The Open Access Lab (OAL) group study rooms are located in the Annex Link and King Hall Link OALs immediately adjacent to smart rooms. These discussion room settings, each with a conference table and chairs, provide students with a place to work on class or group projects, or perhaps study together for upcoming tests.
Who can reserve a group study room?
- Currently enrolled Cal State L.A. students with a valid One Card ID can reserve a group study room.
- These rooms are intended for group, not individual, study and a minimum occupancy of two students is required at all times.
How long is a reserved session?
- Two hours. The reservation can be extended provided no other student has a reservation immediately following the session. Check with the lab consultant to make or extend a reservation.
What is the maximum limit of reservations within a week?
- Groups are only allowed to make four reservations within the same week. This allows other groups a chance to use the study room for their projects as well.
What is the cancellation guideline?
- If the group changed their mind in using the room, please notify the Open Access Lab to cancel the reservation.
What are the guidelines for late arrivals and missed reservations?
- Groups are only allowed a fifteen minute leeway past their reservation time before the room is forfeited to another group.
Where can I find OAL group study rooms?
- Annex Link
- King Hall Link