- Gahr, A. A., "Cooperative Chemistry: Concept Mapping in the Organic Chemistry Lab," J. Colll. Sci. Teach., 2004, 32(5), 311.
- Herrington, D. G.; Nakhleh, M. B., "What Defines Effective Chemistry Laboratory Instruction? Teaching Assistant and Student Perspectives," J. Chem. Ed., 2003, 80, 1197.
- Lamba, R. S.,
"Creativity vs. Structure: A Challenge in Discovery
Chemistry," Journal of Mathematics and Science, 2001, 4 (2),
- Roehrig, G. H.; Luft, J. A.; Kurdziek, J. P.; Turner, J. A., "Graduate Teaching Assistants and Inquiry-Based Instruction: Implications for Graduate Teachign Assistant Training," J. Chem. Ed., 2003, 80, 1206.
- Horowitz, G., "The State of Organic Teaching Laboratories," J. Chem. Ed., 2007, 84, 346-353.
- Poock, J. R.; Burke, K. A/; Greenbowe, T. J.; Hand, B. M., "Using the Science Writing Heuristic in the General Chemistry Laboratory to Improve Student's Academic Performance," J. Chem. Ed., 2007, 84, 1371.
- Rudd, J. A.; Greenbowe, T. J.; Hand, Brian, Using the Science Writing Hueristic to Improve Students' Understanding of General Equilibrium," J. Chem. Ed., 2007, 84, 2007-2011.
- Elliott, M. J.; Stewart, K.K.; Lagowski, J.J., "The Role of Laboratory in Chemistry Instruction," J. Chem. Ed., 2008, 85,145-149.