The Centers for the Study of Genders and Sexualities is located in the Integrated Humanities Center and housed in the College of Arts and Letters at the California State University, Los Angeles. The mission of the Center for the Study of Genders and Sexualities (CSGS) is to provide support for scholars, teachers, students, and community partners who investigate gender and sexuality, in particular, work that bridges the diverse communities represented at Cal State L.A. and its surrounding area.
CSGS Goals Support Research:Building Student Leadership and Academic Development
- Receive support for your research through the Student Research Prize Competition
- Become a member of the Student Development Committee
- Learn about resources for the study of genders and sexualities
- Apply for the Faculty Release Time Competition
- Receive funding to hire Student Research Assistants
- Attend the Faculty Fellow Research Lecture or present your own work
- Join the Faculty Research Committee
- Network with faculty in the field and develop collegial ties
- Meet past and present community partners.
- Participate in collaborative grant writing with community agencies
- Join the Community Engagement Committee to help build relationships between the community and the academy
Center for the Study of Genders and Sexualities (CSGS)