On and Off Scholarships
How to Apply
To apply to any of the Cal State L.A. scholarships listed, click on the following link https://calstatela.academicworks.com/and you will be redirected to the “MyCSULA” login page. You will need your “MyCSULA” user ID and password to sign in and begin the scholarship application process.
Please note: If you have not activated your “MyCSULA” account, please go to https://id.calstatela.edu/idm/user/login.jspto complete the activation process. You may also contact the ITS Help Desk at 323-343-6170 for additional assistance.
You may contact Trisha Brewster, Scholarship Coordinator at email@example.com or by phone at (323) 343-5226.
Special Announcements and Other Resources:
- Scholarship and Loan Repayment
- APLE Programs
- Off Campus Scholarships
- Scholarship Questions and Answers
- Free Scholarship Search on the Web
William & Janet Lahey Art Education and Visual Arts Scholarship Endowment
William Lahey served as CSU Assistant Vice Chancellor, Faculty and Staff Affairs, for twenty years. The endowment is a tribute
to his commitment to education and his wife’s passion for the arts. This scholarship is for students in a post-baccalaureate program leading to
a high school single subject teaching credential in the arts and will cover tuition, campus fees and a stipend. ($10,000) The campus internal
deadline for this scholarship is Monday, April 25th, 2016
Scholarship recipients must meet each of the following requirements:
• Be enrolled at a California State University campus at least half-time;
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in art or in one of the visual art specializations;
• Be enrolled in one of the following programs: o A post baccalaureate program leading to a high school single subject
teaching credential in the arts;
A Master of Fine Arts program in art or one of the visual arts specialization; or
A Master of Arts program in art or one of the visual arts specializations.
• Be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Priority consideration will be given to scholarship applications in the following order:
1. First priority will be given to students enrolled in a program leading to a single subject teaching credential in the arts;
2. Second priority will be given to students enrolled in a graduate program in art of one of the visual arts specializations;
3. Third priority will be given to eligible students who have a record of volunteer activities in the arts or who are currently engaged in arts volunteer activities in schools or community arts organizations.
CAL STATE LA SCHOLARSHIPS
A&L Office of Dean
School of Arts and Letters Angeles Scholarship
Hugo M. Leckey Scholarship
Department of Art
The Audrey Wanner Peyton Millis Scholarship recipient must be a full-time student with an interest in oil or water-based painting on
canvas. You must maintain a 3.0 average.
The Joseph Soldate Endowed Scholarship is awarded to deserving full-time Art students in Ceramics. It requires a 3.0 or above GPA.
The Art Department Memorial Scholarship is awarded to deserving full-time Art students at Cal State LA. It requires a 3.0 or above GPA.
The Robert Reeser Art Education Scholarship is available for both undergraduate and graduate Art Education students with a 2-semester
residence at Cal State LA.
The Ronald Silverman Endowed Scholarship is award to Art Education students.
The Robert Reeser Art Education Scholarship is available for both undergraduate and graduate Art Education students with a 2-semester residence at Cal State LA.
The Dr. Zoe May Parola Scholarship is for undergraduate and graduate Art Education majors. It requires a 3.8 GPA and 2 letters of recommendation.
The Joseph G. Uribe Scholarship requires a GPA of 3.0 for the preceding 18 units as an undergraduate, or 9 units as a graduate student.
Every undergraduate applicant must be senior art major. A portfolio review by the faculty scholarship committee is required.
The John Baldessari Family Foundation Scholarship requires eligible applicants must be full-time undergraduates and graduates majoring in ART with GPAs above 3.2. Preference is given to students who have completed 75 or more required units of course work (major and GE units for undergraduate students, thus juniors or seniors) and 15 or more for MA and 30 or more for MFA graduate students.
The Professor Mac McClain Scholarship in Sculpture is award to students focus on their study in Sculpture.