Call 911 in an Emergency or if You or Someone Else is in Imminent Danger
Report all on-campus emergencies (crime-in-progress, medical, mental health, fire, other) to University Police:
- Call 911 from a campus phone
- Call 323.343.3700 (on-campus extension 3-3700)
- Use the closest emergency phone (blue light, non-dial, outdoor emergency phone)
- Be prepared. Emergency phone locations can be found through the University Scheduling Office by scrolling down to "General Information" and clicking on "Emergency Procedures."
24-Hour Hotlines and Resources
Note: Please be aware that phone, tablet, computer and other device activity may be monitored. If you are a victim/survivor of dating or domestic violence, sexual violence or misconduct, stalking, or other crimes, it may be safer to obtain information using a device a perpetrator does not have potential access to. For additional information, visit or contact the National Domestic Hotline (800.799.7233 or 800.787.3224 [TTY]).
- 211 L.A. County: Dial 2-1-1 (Los Angeles County, TTY accessible)
- Baby Safe of Los Angeles County (Safely Surrendered Baby Law): 877.BABY-SAFE (877.222.9723)
- DoD Safe Helpline (Sexual Assault Support for the DoD Community): 877.995.5247 | Online Helpline | App available at Google Play and Apple App Store
- L.A. County Child Protection Hotline: 800.540.4000 (calls originating within California), 213.639.4500 (calls originating outside California), TDD: 800.272.6699
- L.A. County Elder Abuse Hotline: 877.4.R.SENIORS (877.477.3646)
- L.A. County Department of Mental Health: 800.854.7771
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800.799.SAFE (800.799.7233) | TTY: 800.787.3224 | Live Chat
- I'm Alive: 800.SUICIDE (800.784.2433) | Live Chat
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: 888.373.7888 | TTY: 711
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800.656-HOPE (800.656.4673) | Live Chat
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273-TALK (800.273.8255) | TTY: 800.799.4889 | Live Chat
- National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline: 866.331.9474 | TTY: 866.331.8453 | Text: loveis to 22522
Care, Support and Treatment Locators
Note: Any charges related to care and treatment are the responsibility of the patient.
- 211 LA County: 211 LA County is the place to look for all types of health, human and social services in Los Angeles County, including crisis intervention, domestic violence, food, housing, income and employment, legal assistance, LGBTQ, mental health, senior and older adults, substance abuse, and transportation services. Visit 2-1-1 California for resources and services in other counties.
- Dating and Domestic Violence, Sexual Violence and Stalking: Local support agencies offer: 24-hour hotlines; services for women, men and individuals who identify elsewhere on the gender spectrum; children's services; LGBTQ-sensitive care; information and referrals; accompaniment and support for forensic exams and law enforcement and criminal justice interviews; legal services; short-term and long-term counseling; support groups; emergency shelter or shelter referrals; and other advocacy services. Local agencies may be found through:
- Get PrEP LA: Get PrEP LA is the Los Angeles County resource for information and locations to obtain HIV pre- and post- exposure prophylaxis to reduce risk of HIV infection.
Get Tested: The National HIV, STD and Hepatitis Get Tested locator is the tool to use to find free, fast and local testing for HIV, STDs and hepatitis.
Healthcare Providers and Facilities: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) Providers and Facilities portal is a gateway to locating free and low-cost care, cancer centers, mammography certified facilities, and other health clinics. The site also includes links to tools for comparing clinicians and hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities.
- Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS): The DHS Facility Locator is a convenient tool for locating local county clinics, emergency services, hospitals and urgent care facilities.
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (DMH): The DMH Services Locator helps individuals find local DMH services, programs and facilities.
- National Human Trafficking Hotline (NHT) Referral Directory: The NHT Referral Directory is designed to provide access to critical emergency, transitional, and long-term social services for victims and survivors of human trafficking.
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Locator: The SAMHSA Treatment Locator is an anonymous and confidential resource for individuals looking for substance abuse/addiction and/or mental health treatment.
- Vaccines.gov: The Vaccine Finder tool helps adults locate providers of recommended vaccinations. This site also includes a Health Center Finder to locate federally funded health centers. Federally funded centers provide care, even for those without health insurance, that includes childhood immunizations and checkups, adult checkups, illness treatment, pregnancy care, dental care, mental health, and substance abuse services.
Health Information Resources
Note: The resources and information accessed through these links are intended for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for consulting with an appropriate healthcare or other professional.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The CDC is an excellent source of information on healthy living, preparedness, traveller's health, and other health issues.
healthfinder.gov: "When making decisions about your health, it’s important to know where to go to get the latest, most reliable information. healthfinder.gov has resources on a wide range of health topics selected from over 1,600 government and non-profit organizations to bring you the best, most reliable health information on the Internet."
- MedlinePlus: "MedlinePlus directs you to information to help answer health questions. MedlinePlus brings together authoritative information from the National Library of Medicine (NLM), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other government agencies and health-related organizations. MedlinePlus also contains extensive information about drugs and supplements, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive tutorials, the latest health news, and surgery videos."