The Master of Public Health (MPH) offered by Cal State LA in Downtown Los Angeles includes a unique urban focus with particular attention to serving low-income, diverse populations such as those found in Los Angeles. Students will understand how to improve health outcomes at the population level and how various factors impact the health of local communities.
With MPH degrees increasingly required for leadership positions within the field of public health, Cal State LA’s program allows students who have recently graduated with a bachelor's degree as well as seasoned public health professionals to learn the intricacies of their field. Students will learn to navigate political and bureaucratic systems, become adept at solving problems, and develop leadership and public relations skills, traits that employers are eager to find in prospective employees.
Participate in an upcoming webinar to learn more.
Join our interest list to stay up to date on the latest MPH program updates and application windows.
Who Should Enroll?
- Individuals with a passion for serving their community and improving health outcomes for individuals and populations
- Individuals interested in understanding the principles, policies, and techniques needed to provide public health programming in the Los Angeles area
- Those seeking work in some of the following capacities: healthcare administration, health education, community health, program management, research, public policy, behavioral and social sciences, and statistics and biostatistics
Tuition & Fees
Cost Per Unit
Total Program Cost
Learn more about Financial Assistance opportunities.
To be admitted to the MPH degree program offered at Cal State LA Downtown, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher. Some exceptions to this may be defined by the committee.
- A statement of purpose for pursuing an MPH degree.
- Official transcript of a baccalaureate or professional degree.
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges or universities attended including Cal State LA. (Official transcripts must be mailed to the university as part of the university application).
- Two reference forms. (Letters of recommendation may be submitted in addition to the reference forms, however, not in lieu of the reference forms.) Reference forms must come from an academic and/or professional reference.
- A current professional resume
Graduate admissions at Cal State LA is a 2-Step process. Applicants must apply to both the university and their individual program.
To Apply/Application Deadline
Apply Now for Fall 2019
To apply to graduate programs at Cal State LA Downtown, applicants must complete the following steps.
- Complete the supplemental program application linked below.
- If you are first-time applicant, create a profile and account for the PaGE Online Portal. Returning users may log into their existing account.
- Upload your completed supplemental program application and all required documents to the Master of Public Health Program Page.
- Complete and submit a university application through Cal State Apply and submit official transcripts to Cal State LA's Office of Admissions.
|Supplemental Program Application||
February 15, 2019
Cal State LA University Application
Application Open: October 1, 2018
Application Close: February 28, 2019
March 8, 2019
Please submit Official Transcripts by March 8, 2019 to: