Applications available for Fall 2020 from October 1, 2019 to March 16, 2020. Participate in an upcoming webinar to learn more.
The Master of Public Health (MPH) offered by Cal State LA in Downtown Los Angeles includes a unique focus on urban community health serving diverse populations in urban areas like Los Angeles. Students will understand how to improve health outcomes at the population level and how a variety of factors can impact the health of local communities. Cal State LA's program allows both recent bachelor's degree recipients and seasoned public health professionals to learn the intricacies of this growing field.
Read/download the MPH program flyer.
Join our interest list to stay up to date on the latest MPH program updates and application windows.
Who Should Enroll?
- Individuals with a passion for serving their community and improving health outcomes for individuals and populations
- Individuals interested in understanding the principles, policies, and techniques needed to provide public health programming in the Los Angeles area
- Those seeking work in some of the following capacities: healthcare administration, health education, community health, program management, research, public policy, behavioral and social sciences, and statistics and biostatistics
Tuition & Fees
Cost Per Unit
Total Program Cost
Learn more about Financial Assistance opportunities.
Please read about Graduate Application and Admission.
Read about International Graduate Application and Admission.
A Cal State LA Public Health faculty committee will make admission decisions. To be admitted to the Cal State LA MPH program, applicants must meet the basic CSU Graduate Program admission requirements:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher is suggested; a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly recommended. Some exceptions to this may be defined by the committee.
- A statement of purpose explaining the rationale for pursuing an MPH in urban health.
- A professional resume.
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, including Cal State LA.
- Official transcripts for bachelor's or professional degrees obtained, as well as certificate programs in which letter grades were awarded.
- Two reference forms: One reference must be academic; the second may be academic or professional.
To Apply/Application Deadline
Master of Public Health
Online applications open on October 1, 2019 for
Fall 2020 start.
March 16, 2020
April 3, 2020