Applicants must submit an application online through Cal State Apply. The University's graduate admissions standards and application deadlines may differ from the MA program's admission standards and application deadlines.
For questions about your application, please call the Office of Admissions and Recruitment, (323) 343-3901.
The Application Deadline for admission in Fall 2020 is April 15, 2020.
MA Program Application Minimum Requirements:
- Mailing of all undergraduate transcripts to Admission
- A GPA in the last 60 semster (90 quarter) units of 3.0 or better
- Two letters of recommendation on official letterhead
- A statement of purpose
- Bachelors in Political Science
- Inclusion of a writing sample is highly recommended, but not required.
Conditional Admission: Applicants who have not completed an undergraduate major in political science and/or whose GPA is below 3.0 may be admitted at the discretion of the department, but may be required to complete specified prerequisite courses at CSULA in their first semester. Prerequisite courses, as needed, will be selected in consultation with the MA advisor.
Cost of Attendance
For the 2019-2020 academic year, the tuition and fees for full-time, in-state graduate students is $8,194.00. Out-of-state graduate students are assessed an additional $396.00 per course unit (approximately an additional $1,188 per 3-unit course). More detailed information about the cost of attendance can be found at: http://www.calstatela.edu/financialaid/cost-attendance. Information on financial aid is available at: www.calstatela.edu/financialaid.
Note that CSU tuition and fees may change on an annual basis.
The department welcomes applications from students with degrees from outside of the United States. The following information may be of assistance:
- English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Admission Requirements for International Students
- CSULA International Program Office
- General Information on Applying
- International Students
- Costs of Attendance
- Financial Aid
- What to do after being Admitted
Questions about the admissions process can be directed to the Graduate Advisor, Prof. Taylor Dark, who can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.