Information and FAQ about grading options, withdrawals, and disqualification for Spring 2020
Student Learning Centers
Academic Advisement Center
The home for Undeclared students, Academic Advisement Center Advisors assist all undergraduate students with the following:
- General education advisement and course selection
- Information on university policies & procedures
- Transfer credit advisement
- Help with university general education petitions
- Referrals to other University Student Support Services
- Contact 323-343-3150 for more information
Smart Start for Student Success consists of several programs committed to helping students make a successful transition to Cal State LA and complete their first-year Math and English classes by the end of their first year. We provide academic guidance and support in an inclusive and friendly environment.
The Early Assessment Program (EAP) was established to provide opportunities for students to measure their readiness for college-level English and mathematics in their junior year of high school, and to facilitate opportunities for them to improve their skills during their senior year.
The Testing Center offers current and prospective students and community members the opportunity to take exams that will help them achieve the education and career goals.
Early Start: The goals of Early Start are to better prepare students in written communication and math/quantitative reasoning during the summer before their first semester, thereby improving their chances of completing a college degree.
Advising, Academic Coaching: These supportive proactive advising approaches help keep students stay on track in their first year Math and English courses as well as supplemental Instruction
Early Alert and Supplemental Instruction: In close coordination with the department of Mathematics, Smart Start provides the following:
- Supplemental Instruction sessions for Math 1000, 1082, 1090 and EDFN 1090
- Group and individual study sessions
- Collaborative learning sessions to promote positive study habits
- Winter and Spring “bootcamps” to help students prepare for finals
Center for Academic Success
The Center for Academic Success (CAS) supports all students throughout their educational journey. The academic servicves we provide are inclusive, engaging, challenging, and impactful. We commit to multiple student success strategies in order to succeed together. Make an appointment with a STEM, social sciences, or writing tutor.