How to request an advising appointment
In response to both the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and the suspension of face-to-face instruction at Cal State LA until April 24, the UAAC will adopt a non-face-to-face advising model for the next several weeks.
This will enable you to meet with your advisor – whether via phone or Zoom – to prepare
for registration or major declaration and to help you stay on track for your degree goals without coming to campus.
- If you have an existing advisement appointment, we will be reaching out to you to see if you would prefer to meet with your advisor by phone or Zoom and to confirm the best phone number and email for reaching you.
- If you have NOT yet made an appointment, you can just tell us “phone” (with your best phone number) or “Zoom” (with your phone and email address) in the “Comments” box when you make your appointment.
Of course, we can also assist you over email email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name, CIN, your phone number, your specific question or concern, and (if applicable) your major or pre-major of interest.
MISSION STATEMENT The University Academic Advisement Center (UAAC)
is committed to the success of Cal State LA's undergraduate students by
providing effective academic advising services, resources, and planning tools
to support their timely graduation. In a supportive environment, the UAAC empowers all students to take ownership of their education through comprehen-
sive academic advising while assisting students to determine their own success
at the university as an engaged student, active learner, and self-advocate.
The UAAC is the advisement center for exploring students and student athletes.
The UAAC Advisors assist all undergraduate students with the following:
- General education advisement and course selection
- Information on university policies & procedures
- Transfer credit advisement
- Help with university general education petitions
- Referrals to other University Student Support Services
We also serve faculty and staff seeking information or clarification about University policies and procedures.
For questions or issues regarding a major, please contact your major department advisor.