Counseling Sessions are Available by Appointment
CAPS is located at Station #4 on the 2nd floor of the Student Health Center, which is located on the main walkway across from the Biological Sciences Building and next to the Annenberg Integrated Sciences Complex (campus map).
Please walk in or call 323.343.3314 to schedule an appointment.
Our hours are:
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 AM-5:45 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM-12 PM & 12:30 PM-4:45 PM
Are You Requesting a Counseling Appointment Due to an Emergency or Urgent Situation?
Please tell the CAPS scheduler if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Thoughts of killing yourself
- Thoughts of harming yourself
- Thoughts of harming/killing others
- Concern about your safety (such as recent violence or current stalking)
- Urgent concern about the physical safety of another (such as peer, friend, child/teen)
- Recent trauma (such as sexual trauma, physical abuse, assault, death)
- Hallucinations (hearing voices or seeing things)
- Recent diagnosis of a new serious illness
- Recent discharge from a psychiatric hospitalization
- Medication refill
On-Campus Emergencies and After-Hours Care
Emergencies (medical, mental health and other campus emergencies) should be immediately reported to University Police. To contact University Police: call 911 from a campus phone; use the closest emergency phone ("blue light," non-dial, outdoor emergency phone); or call 323.343.3700 (on-campus extension 3-3700).
Please call the 24-hour National Suicide Prevention Helpline at 800.273.TALK (8255). In addition, after-hours psychological assistance (e.g., crisis counseling, referrals) is available through the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Access Center 24/7 Helpline at 800.854.7771.