Cal State LA’s Fundamental Engineer/Engineer-In-Training (FE/EIT) test prep review course prepares the candidate for the FE examination with National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). The 60-hour review classes are held at the university main campus on 10 consecutive Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the spring and fall.
All FE/EIT are taught by faculty from Cal State LA’s College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology (ECST). U.S. News & World Report "America's Best Colleges" issue has ranked Cal State LA's engineering program among the nation's best undergraduate programs.
Who Should Enroll?
The FE/EIT course is for qualified applicants who must register and pay for the FE examination through NCEES. Applicants must complete three years or more of postsecondary engineering education, three years or more of engineering experience (e.g., work of any nature with an engineering exposure, such as with a consulting engineering firm, a construction contractor, CALTRANS, the engineering division of a public utility, etc.), or a combination of postsecondary engineering education and experience in engineering totaling three years. University students in the 3rd quarter or the 2nd semester of their junior year qualify for certification.
- Nature of EIT
- EIT Exam Format
- Probability and Statistics
- Engineering Economics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Design
- Transporation Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Hydraulics and Hydrology
- Environmental Engineering Construction
Course topics are subject to change.
10 consecutive Saturdays in spring (April - June) and fall (October - December).
Next session: September 30 - December 9, 2017 (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.).
Registration and Fees/Register
- Stephen F. Felszeghy, Ph.D., Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Emeritus, Cal State LA
- Young C. Kim, Ph.D. P.E., Professor of Civil Engineering, Emeritus, Cal State LA
- Gustava Menezes, Ph.D., P.E., Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, Cal State LA
- Rupa Purasinghe, Ph.D., P.E., Professor of Civil Engineering, Cal State LA
- John Shamma, M.S., P.E., Adjunct Professor of Civil Engineering, Cal State LA
- Adel A. Sharif, Ph.D., P.E., Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Cal State LA
- Mark R. Tufenkjian, Ph.D., P.E., Professor of Civil Engineering, Cal State LA
Young C. Kim, Course Coordinator
California State University, Los Angeles
Applications and Examinations Resources
For more information on the applications and examinations contact:
National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
280 Seneca Creek Road
Seneca, SC 29678
Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95833-2944