King Hall, D Wing, Room 1044
Phone (323) 343-5284 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM & 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
* See "Announcements" below for any special hours
October 9 - 13, 2017: Our office will only be assiting with grad check appointments. Spring 2017 graduation application deadline is October 16, 2017
Friday, October 13 2017: Open 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
October 23 - 27, 2017: Our office will only be assisting with Same Day 15 minute appointments to help students with Spring 2018 registration.
Starting Fall 2016, NSS professional advisors are available by appointment only.
What We Do
Our advising team helps students from orientation to graduation:
- Understand general education and major requirements to graduate with a major in the College of Natural and Social Sciences
- Create academic plans and select courses in fulfilling graduation requirements
- Identify and integrate co-curricular and extra-curricular activities into an academic plan to help students achieve their academic and professional goals
- Use the Campus Academic Requirements Report (CARR), departmental checklists/roadmaps, and other tools to monitor their academic progress
- Apply University policies, procedures, forms, and processes necessary for graduation
- With referrals to University resources and offices
"Same Day 15" Appointments
We offer "Same Day 15" appointments for you to discuss the following topics on the same day with an advisor:
- Class Schedule Assistance
- General questions about GE, Major/Minor requirements, policies, and procedures
Check availability by calling (323) 343-5284. Please have your CIN ready.
30 Minute Appointments
We also offer 30 minute appointments for you to discuss the following topics with an advisor:
- Degree Progress and Planning
- Graduation Check
- Exploring or Declaring a Major/Minor
- Academic Concerns (Grades/Academic Probation)
- Creating an SAP Plan for Financial Aid
Schedule 30 minute appointments by using the Cal State LA SSC or calling (323) 343-5284.
Please have your CIN ready.