College of Natural and Social Sciences Academic Advisement Center
Center location: KHD1044
Phone: (323) 343-5284 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on social media: @calstatelanss
In partnership with students and the wider Cal State LA community, the NSS Advisement Center's mission is to foster a supportive and validating learning environment where advisors teach and empower students to develop, understand, and achieve their educational goals. Our professional advising team helps students from orientation to graduation:
- Understand general education and major requirements to graduate with a major in the College of Natural and Social Sciences
- Create academic plans and select courses in fulfilling graduation requirements
- Identify and integrate co-curricular and extra-curricular activities into an academic plan to help students achieve their academic and professional goals
- Use the Campus Academic Requirements Report (CARR), departmental checklists/roadmaps, and other tools to monitor their academic progress
- Apply University policies, procedures, forms, and processes necessary for graduation
- With referrals to University resources and offices
Schedule an appointment today
NSS Advisement Center offers 30 minute appointments to help with students' degree progression and planning, graduation check, exploring or declaring a major, and other academic concerns. If you are 5 minutes late your appointment will be cancelled!
Degree roadmaps have been created by the academic departments at the College to help you plan your degree.