The Avance II 400 MHz NMR (PS751) was established through kind support of NSF(grant #: NSF 0619147).
- To reserve NMR time for the Avance II 400 MHz NMR in room PS751 go to http://faces.ccrc.uga.edu/ using the group name CSULA. Username and password can be obtained from the NMR Facility Manager
- The basic unit of time is 15 min. You should sign for every 15 min. block if you are intending to use more than one block.
- During prime time (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM), any user may reserve the time up to 48 hours in advance for a maximum of 45 min (3 blocks of 15 min.) per day. However, if an individual research group or any teaching laboratories require more NMR time, this can be accommodated. If you require more than the 45 minutes, submit a completed NMR Time Request Form
- During non-prime time (8:00 PM - 8:00 AM), you may reserve as many time blocks as available up to 48 hours in advance.
- If you do not cancel your reservation and do not use it, your PIâs account will be billed at the normal rate. Cancel your reservation through the on-line FACES system.
- Reserved time is forfeited if the user does not show up within the first five minutes of the reserved time block.
- Every NMR user must document their instrument usage in the NMR logbook. This must be done regardless of the nature of work, time of day and length of time. Please provide all the information requested in the logbook. Undocumented use of the spectrometers will result in suspension of user privileges.
- At the end of each week, Ali will place a printed copy of the final FACES schedule and a summary that reflects the actual usage time in a notebook for records in the Department Office. Also, the Departmentâs Academic Support Coordinator (ASC) will give a copy of the actual usage time to Bill Wimberley for invoicing purposes.