This page will be updated with the most recent information available on the facility renovations taking place. For immediate assistance, please contact the Office of the Vice Provost for Planning and Budgeting at 323-343-3802.
BUILDING - KING HALL
PROJECT: Electrical Switch Gear Replacement
TIMELINE: December 16, 2018 - January 1, 2019
King Hall will be undergoing electrical work for two weeks following fall 2018 finals week.
From 12/16-12/21 and 12/31: Work in progress- Full access to King Hall maintained. The following precautions and procedures will be in place:
- Noise: Loud work will be done between 12:00 AM (midnight) and 5:00 AM to minimize impact on staff working in the building. The temporary generator will be placed in a location to eliminate exhaust fumes from entering the building and to minimize noise transfer into the building.
- Air quality:
- The contractor will install negative air, high efficiency filtered equipment so that the space is always under negative pressure to eliminate the migration of dust from the construction area to the other parts of the building.
- The contractor will install temporary plastic barriers between the construction area and the other parts of the building. This is to keep construction dust from migrating to non-construction areas.
- Deliveries: All construction deliveries will be made prior to 7:00 AM to minimize disruption to building occupants.
- Centro De Niños will continue to operate from 7 AM to 5 PM.
- Parking: Planning, Design, and Construction Department will assess any needed restrictions on parking in the loading dock area for the duration of the project, and will work the Parking Department to post required notices.
From 12/22-12/30: Campus Closed - no access to King Hall.
Updated: May 10, 2018