Admission to the Teacher Credential Program
Application to the Charter College of Education(CCOE) credential programs also requires application to the university. Please use this following to help guide you through the admission process.
The following is required for admission to the CCOE Single Subject Credential program
CSULA ADMISSION APPLICATION
- CSULA application http://www.csumentor.edu
- CSULA application fee - $55.00 with CSULA application
- Official transcripts - not including CSULA transcripts
CCOE ADMISSION APPLICATION
Please submit to CCOE office for Student Services:
- CCOE Application for Admission - Download complete, and print form. Click here for form.
- Technology Proficiency Statement - Download, complete, print, and sign form. Click here for form.
- CCOE Admission Control Card – Download, complete, print, take to the Cashiers Office, Administration Room 128, and pay $65.00 admission/credential processing fee. Click here for control card.
- Official transcripts - From every junior college, college, or university attended, except CSULA. You may also mail transcripts to:
CCOE, Office for Student Services
California State University Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive, KH D2078
Los Angeles, CA 90032
For Foreign Transcript Evaluation information please click here
- Philosophy of Education Statement – Remember to address the prompts as instructed on the form. Click here for form.
- Proof of Valid Certificate of Clearance Or other document issued by California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC). For instructions, click here.
- Photocopy of negative TB Test, Results must be issued within one calendar year. Currently enrolled CSULA students may take the T.B. test (skin or x-ray) at the CSULA Health Center.
- Two original letters of recommendation - Download forms, and give to your recommenders. Click here for LOR forms.
- Proof of Completion or Attempt of Basic Skills Requirement (BSR) - For admission purposes you must show one of the following:
- Proof of attempt of all three sections of the CBEST
- Passing scores from the CSET: Writing Skills test plus ALL three subtests of CSET: Multiple Subjects
- Passing scores from the CSU Early Assessment Program (EAP), English and Math, or CSU English Placement (EPT) and Entry Level Mathematics (ELM)Test Applicants must bring original test scores to the Office for Student Services to receive credit for the basic skills requirement. For CCTC exam info, click here.
- Proof of passage of CTC approved out-of-state basic skills exam
**PLEASE NOTE: Multiple and Single Subject graduate students must provide proof of subject matter completion prior to Block 1. Multiple subject candidates must pass all three sections of the CSET and single subject candidates must either pass all appropriate sections of the CSET or complete a subject matter waiver program.
After all the required materials are submitted, your application will be reviewed by faculty members to determine your eligibility for conditional admission to the Single Subjects Teaching Credential Program. You will be notified by mail of your admissions status. Please allow three to four weeks for review of your application.
Please note: A minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 90 quarter units is required for admission the CCOE credential programs. If you do not meet the minimum 2.75 GPA requirement, but have earned a 2.5 GPA or better, you may submit an additional application to be considered for admission based on the Special Action Application. Passage of all sections of the CBEST is strongly recommended to accompany the Special Action Application.
* It is good practice to keep photocopies of your application materials for your own records. There are credential courses which require you to revisit your application materials, such as your philosophy of education statement, and letters of recommendation.