Welcome to the Urban Learning Program!
The Urban Learning Program is a blended (elementary subject matter) undergraduate major for students wishing to earn a bachelor’s degree and teaching credential concurrently, and to be prepared to teach in the diverse schools of urban Los Angeles. Teaching in an urban environment presents both distinct challenges such as transience, overcrowding, shortages of materials, as well as opportunities that include the blending of cultures, artistic resources, and current technology.
Urban schools demand well-prepared and culturally sensitive teachers. Students in the Urban Learning major learn to confront the stereotypes about urban schools and to act on the challenges of the urban environment in order to become agents of change. Our students build on the strengths and advantages of the urban community.
- We provide a cross-disciplinary academic experience
- Students earn their degree and credential seamlessly in one college
- We offer a fast-paced program: transfer students earn a bachelor’s degree and a Multiple Subject (elementary education) or Education Specialist (special education) internship credential in approximately two years
- Our curriculum blends subject matter and pedagogy in a developmental sequence
- Our students study in small learning communities as a cohort group
- Student coursework is scheduled each quarter
- We reserve seats for our students in many of our courses
ULRN Information Meetings
Find out how to earn a bachelor's degree and teaching credential in one unified program. Open to all interested students.
|Where :||King Hall C2076A|