Admission to the Teacher Credential Program
Admission to one of the Teacher Credential Programs is a two step process.
The best way to learn more about admissions to the teacher credential program would be to attend an information session. To view the upcoming dates please click herer - Advisement dates
Teaching Credential Programs
Gain conditional admission to one of the Teacher Credential Programs
Conditional Admission criteria summary (follow appropriate link below for detailed instructions):
- Admission to the California State University Los Angeles
- Minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 90 quarter units, or 60 semester units
- Strong and supportive letters of recommendation
- A well written and meaningful Philosophy of Education Statement
- Background clearance from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Completion of required CCTC exams, and other CCOE application materials
Click below for detailed information for the teacher credential program of interest:
- Multiple Subjects Teacher Credential Program (elementary & middle school)
- Single Subject Teacher Credential Program (middle & high school)
- Education Specialist (Early Childhood Special Education, Mild/Moderate Disabilities, Moderate/Severe Disabilities, Physical and Health Impairments, & Visual Impairments)
Deadlines for Conditional Admission:
Please refer to http://www.calstatela.edu/univ/admiss/deadlines.php for current application deadlines.
NOTE: WHEN STEP 1 HAS BEEN COMPLETED, A CREDENTIAL CANDIDATE'S APPLICATION WILL BE REVIEWED BY THE APPROPRIATE FACULTY ADVISER. IF THE APPLICATION IS APPROVED, THE APPLICANT WILL BE CONDITIONALLY ADMITTED TO THE CREDENTIAL PROGRAM AND THEREBY ELIGIBLE FOR REGISTRATION IN TO THE PREQUISITE COURSEWORK.
To view course sequences click on one of the following:
Gain formal admission to the CCOE Teacher Credential Program.
Once you have been conditionally admitted and have enrolled in EDCI300 or EDSP300 you will begin to complete the steps for formal admission. (Click for Formal Admission - Step 2)