Event Registration Procedures
Event Registration Form
Student organizations are required to complete and submit an Event Registration Form for all on or off campus events which are defined as any activity that is other than a meeting and activities that include:
Completed forms must be approved by an recognized officer and the organization advisor before they are submitted online, at least 10 business days prior to the event. Other forms may also be required to be submitted with the Event Registration Form depending upon the nature of the event. Failure to complete all sections/fields of the form or to supply any other required forms can delay the review process and/or may require your organization to select another event date until the form is considered complete.
It must be completed and submitted to CSI before you confirm any reservation with the University-Student Union Information and Event Services office or University Catering. CSI will provide you with an approved copy of this form for you to use for other on campus offices including but not limited to the University-Student Union Information and Event Services (for meeting/event space reservations), the Union Business Office (for club banking purposes), Associated Students, Inc. (for club funding) or University Catering (for catering and Golden Eagle Ballroom reservations).
The event must be successfully registered before your organization can publicize it. No publicity may be distributed or posted online until the Event Registration Form has been submitted for off campus events or until the reservation confirmation process has been completed for on campus events. If this form is not submitted at least ten business days prior to the event and before publicity is distributed, the event may be cancelled.
Student Organization Event Planning
A student organization must submit an Event Registration Form for any event they are affiliated with, sponsor, or co-sponsor. Here are some questions to determine if the organization should complete the form for an event.
Is the organization…
- Planning the event (reserving facilities, booking talent, etc.)?
- Contributing money toward the event?
- Assisting with the logistics or implementation of the event?
- Represented on a committee that is planning the event?
- Allowing their name or logo to appear on publicity (printed or electronic)?
- Passing out fliers or assisting with the publicity for the event?
- Attending an off-campus event?
- Selling tickets to the event?
- Volunteering or staffing at the event?
If the organization members answer “yes” to any of these questions, an Event Registration Form must be submitted.
What about general meetings?
General meetings that are only open to club members do not need to be registered with the Event Registration Form as these are not considered events. If your organization is planning on serving food at this meeting and this meeting is only for club/organization members, you do not need to submit the Temporary Food Facility permit either.
Event Registration Form Guidelines
- The form must be approved by one of the five officers listed on the Officer Information Form and by the organization's faculty/staff advisor.
- These approvals indicate that the officers and advisor will "take responsibility to ensure that the event which the organization is sponsoring will follow all guidelines set forth by the University."
- All fields must be answered in order for the form to be considered complete.
- The organization reserving space must be the primary organizer of the event and organization members must be present to supervise during the entire event.
- The sponsoring organization is responsible for the conduct of all participants as well as other guests in attendance.
If your organization has any questions on how to complete the Event Registration Form, please do not hesitate to contact CSI at 323-343-5110.