Library Services and Guidelines for LACHSA
The Los Angeles County High School for the Arts (LACHSA) is located on the campus of Cal State LA. The University Library provides services to all members of the LACHSA campus. All members of the LACHSA community who use the library agree to abide by the LACHSA Guidelines for University Library Usage.
LACHSA Guidelines for University Library Usage
- Attendance: Please take attendance and/or give directions prior to entering the Library building, not in the foyer or student lounge.
- Borrowing: Our collection is your collection! Apply for a borrowing account in person at the first floor service desk, Library North. Bring your LACHSA ID card. Please follow the borrowing policies and note your borrowing term limits.
- Classroom Usage: Teachers may reserve for library orientation sessions (how to use the library catalog, search for articles using a database, etc.) at least two weeks in advance by contacting Scott Breivold, LACHSA Liaison Librarian. Electronic classroom availability during the regular school year will be limited due to university usage, and will be determined on a case‐by-case basis. Teachers should not meet with classes in open areas of the library (the reference area, lobbies, etc.) as it is disruptive to others. Library classrooms are the only place where instruction should take place.
- Media: Students may not check out media materials or use the media viewing rooms for entertainment purposes. Teachers are welcome to check out library media materials for use in class.
- Services: Students and staff are welcome to use the University Library's services and resources, including use of the Library's equipment (computers, printers, scanners, etc.), access to research assistance, and use of library study spaces and group study rooms.
The LACHSA community is expected to follow Library policies at all times.