Over 15,000 CSU graduates are International Program Alumni!
The International Program (IP) is the CSU systemwide year-long study abroad program and provides students with international academic opportunities in the framework of the CSU degree. IP is affiliated with over 50 distinguished universities in 18 countries. With a special focus on year-long programs, IP’s guiding principle is that students should be “immersed” in the academic and living environment of their host countries. Therefore, all instruction is offered by the host universities or by distinguished host country faculty.
Why study with IP?
- Gain a competitive edge and acquire the international experience you need to compete in the job market
- Study abroad does not delay graduation. Earn CSU resident credit toward your degree(s)
- It is more affordable than you think. Pay program costs with your financial aid or by using other convenient payment plans
- Access study abroad scholarships available only to CSU-IP participants
- Required GPA of 2.75 or higher, financial aid available
*Applications due on campus for all programs by February 1 (May 1 for New Zealand, Australia and South Africa) of the year prior to proposed study.
DACA Student Advisory
If you are a DACA student, Cal State LA strongly advises against studying abroad or leaving the United States, including visits to U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico. Regardless of whether or not you have been granted advanced parole, there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to re-enter the U.S. If you are currently abroad, you should seek legal counsel immediately and return to the U.S. as soon as possible. A list of non-profit organizations that provide free legal services to immigrants residing in California can be found here.
- CSU International Program (IP) Study Abroad Brochure
- Read IP alumni stories and learn more about the country programs at: http://www.calstate.edu/ip