EAGLE-CON 2018 CONVENTION
PANELS & PRESENTATIONS
WHAT IS EAGLE-CON?
Education: To educate the students of Cal State LA and members of the Greater Los Angeles community about the history, impact, and continued necessity of the contributions of women, people of color, the LGBTQIA-identified, the differently-abled, and the variously-aged to the science fiction and fantasy genres; and to explore diverse identity representations and expressions within these genres while creating spaces for new voices, creators, and small and independent publishers and producers of the same.
Professionalization: To provide opportunities for students to learn about these genres from artists, writers, and professionals working in southern California’s entertainment industries, network with these professionals, and imagine how they might one day join their ranks.
Fun: To celebrate science fiction and fantasy through entertaining events involving art, fashion, storytelling, games, screenings, and special presentations.
- Eagle-Con is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention.
- You must wear your valid Eagle-Con badge at all times to be admitted to all con events.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention or events if you are acting outside the code of conduct.
- Please keep in mind that Eagle-Con is an all-ages event. We strive to maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for children and adults.
- If you are taking photographs of attendees, please respect those that do not wish to be photographed or recorded by asking permission to take pictures. Always request permission before snapping a photo. Although we are providing measures, in no way are we insuring that this will not happen. We will do our best.
- Have fun, be safe, and be respectful.
Octavia E. Butler Memorial Award Recipient: Nalo Hopkinson
SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS