The Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA) program in Downtown Los Angeles allows students to earn their degree in 16 months through a rigorous, hybrid curriculum that includes Saturday class meetings and online learning during the week. An MBA allows working executives and professionals to build upon their experience, enhance their leadership, analytic and communication skills, and make an impact on their careers in an increasingly global economy. Classes are taught by accomplished, award-winning faculty who teach at Cal State LA’s main university campus.The Fully-Employed MBA program is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB).
Participate in an upcoming webinar to learn more.
Join our interest list to stay up to date on the latest MBA program updates and application windows.
Who Should Enroll?
- Students who have earned their undergraduate degree in the fields of business or economics
- Mid-career business professionals with 3-5 years of work experience seeking to advance their careers
Tuition & Fees
|Cost Per Unit||$975|
|Total Program Cost||$35,100|
Learn more about Financial Assistance opportunities.
To be considered for admission into the fully-employed MBA Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years of significant work experience in a managerial or professional role
- GMAT score of 500 or higher, or GRE score of 300 or higher (under the new test scale). Applicants who documents five years of significant experience or who have passed all four parts of the CPA exam are exempted from the GMAT or GRE requirement
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher
Interview: Top ranking applicants will be invited to campus for an interview.
Note: Students pursuing their degree on Cal State LA’s Main Campus may not take courses at Cal State LA Downtown as part of their degree program. Only students admitted to programs offered in Downtown may attend courses at Cal State LA Downtown after paying all required fees. Current Cal State LA students are welcome to pursue a program at Cal State LA Downtown in addition to their degree, but additional fees will apply. Programs offered at Cal State LA Downtown are not transferable to Cal State LA's Main Campus. Students admitted to a program at Cal State LA Downtown are welcome to pursue a program at Cal State LA's Main Campus, but an additional application is required.
To Apply/Application Deadline
Apply Now for Fall 2019
To apply to graduate programs at Cal State LA Downtown, applicants must complete the following steps.
- Complete the supplemental program application linked below.
- If you are first-time applicant, create a profile and account for the PaGE Online Portal. Returning users may log into their existing account.
- Upload your completed supplemental program application and all required documents to the Fully-Employed MBA Program Page.
- Complete and submit a university application through Cal State Apply and submit official transcripts to Cal State LA's Office of Admissions.
|Supplemental Program Application||Supplemental Application||February 15, 2019|
|Cal State LA University Application||
Application Open: October 1, 2018
Application Close: February 15, 2019
|Official Transcripts||Submit by||March 8, 2019|
Please submit Official Transcripts by March 8, 2019 to: