Offered at Cal State LA Downtown, the Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA) program allows students to earn their MBA degree in 16 months through a hybrid schedule of convenient Saturday classes and experiences on-campus, combined with online learning during the week. By earning an MBA, working executives and professionals can build upon their experience to enhance their leadership, analytic and communication skills in order to make a greater impact on their careers in an increasingly multicultural and globalized economy.
Students can expect a rigorous curriculum that challenges them to put new knowledge and skills to work, and test new ideas through individual assignments and projects, as well as within their cohort to foster an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation. In addition, Cal State LA maintains strong connections to prominent businesses in and around downtown Los Angeles which helps transition students from the classroom to real world business settings.
Cal State LA’s FEMBA program is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB). FEMBA classes are taught by accomplished and award-winning faculty who also teach at Cal State LA’s main university campus.
Cal State LA has been recognized for its quality business and graduate programs. In 2011, U.S News and World Report ranked Cal State LA as one of “America’s Best Graduate Schools.” Washington Monthly’s 2014 “Best Master’s Universities” rated Cal State #7. And, The Princeton Review has consistently rated Cal State LA as one of “The Best 295 Business Schools” in the U.S.
Participate in one of our upcoming FEMBA Open House information sessions.
Interest List: Join our interest list to stay up to date on the latest MBA program news, updates on application windows, and more.
Who Should Enroll?
This program is ideal for:
- Students who have earned their undergraduate degrees in the fields of business or economics.
- Business professionals with three to five years of work experience seeking to advance their careers
Tuition & Fees
|Cost Per Unit||$975|
|Total Program Cost||$35,100|
Learn more about Financial Assistance opportunities for this program.
To be considered for admission into the fully-employed MBA Program, applicants must meet the following admissions requirements:
- 3-5 years of significant work experience in a managerial or professional role
- GMAT score of 500 or higher, or GRE score of 300 or higher (under the new test scale). Applicants who documents five years of significant experience or who have passed all four parts of the CPA exam are exempted from the GMAT or GRE requirement
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher
- F-1 student visas are not available to study in this program
To Apply/Application Deadline
Fall 2018 Official transcript and document deadline: March 15, 2018
|Fall 2018||Prospective students must complete both steps of the application process outlined below.||
|March 15, 2018|
a. To successfully submit the program application, you will be required to attach copies of your unofficial transcripts, résumé , and GRE/GMAT scores.
- Submit a $55 application fee
- Submit Official Transcripts
3. Submit unofficial GRE/GMAT scores to Jennifer Custodio
Please submit Official Transcripts to: