Happy Fall, Students!
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) Program at California State University, Los Angeles, prepares students for leadership by educating them for professional public and community service within a diverse and dynamic urban environment. In the program, students develop the following leadership capabilities:
- Knowledge about public administration theory, research and practice
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to inform public and community problem-solving and decision-making processes
- An understanding of the ethical basis for public service
- Effective intra-organizational, inter-organizational and public oral and written communication skills
- A respect for and ability to engage the diversity of perspectives and interests involved in local governance
Located near downtown Los Angeles but also serving the wider Southern California region, CSULA's MPA Program prepares students for the challenges and opportunities of governing and managing in a vibrant metropolitan area.
The program, which is housed in CSULA's Department of Political Science, serves as an important resource for government and non-profit agencies seeking graduates with public administration skills, including effective organizational, human resource and financial management; problem-solving and decision-making; and the representation of the public interest.
It is accredited by the Network of Schools of Policy, Affairs and Administration (NASPAA) and also informed by the MPA Advisory Board, which meets annually to discuss the program in relation to the changing needs of the public and non-profit sectors in Southern California. Members of the Advisory Board include MPA Program graduates, and leaders in the public and non-profit sectors. A current list of Advisory Board Members can be found in the MPA Graduate Student Handbook.
For more information about the program, contact:
CSULA MPA Program
Dept. of Political Science
Engineering & Technology A524
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032