In an effort to support a culture of evidence that informs continuous improvement of programs at Cal State LA, the Provost, through the Office of Graduate Studies, is offering assessment mini-grants for assessment projects to be conducted in 2018-2019.
Ten $2,000 mini-grants are available to programs to support teams of two or more full-time faculty for assessment during the 2018-2019 academic year. Both undergraduate and graduate programs are eligible to apply. Proposals will be evaluated based on criteria described in the RFP document. An example of a complete proposal and final report can be found here.
Participation in the following workshops will be required for all mini-grant team members:
- Mini-grant application information sessions (attend one of the following):
- Thursday, September 20, 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 21, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Fall Assessment Workshops (one or more of the following):
- “Examining Written Communication and Critical thinking Across the Curriculum” on Monday, September 17, 10 a.m.- 12 p.m.
- “Examining Quantitative Reasoning Across the Curriculum” on Monday, October 15, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- “Examining Written Communication and Critical thinking Across the Curriculum” on Thursday, October 18, 3-5 p.m.
- “Measuring Graduate Learning Outcomes” on Monday, November 5, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Proposals are due by Friday, September 28, 2018. They should be emailed as attachments to the Interim Director of Assessment, Dr. Jessica Dennis, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Director of Assessment and College Assessment Coordinators will review proposals and notify faculty on whether they have received a mini-grant by October 15th. Data must be collected during Fall 2018 and/or Spring 2018.
For questions, please contact Interim Director of Assessment, Dr. Jessica Dennis, at email@example.com.