Applications for Fall 2018 are now closed. Please check back in Mid-October for applications for Fall 2019.
Final interviews are now taking place through March 9. Notifications will be sent out around March 15.
Drawing on the strengths of faculty in Television, Film, Media Studies and Theatre Arts, the M.F.A. in TVFT seeks to define and promote a new generation of artists who are capable of working across the traditional boundaries of television, film and theatre to combine innovative art practice with leading edge, technical knowledge. Applicants should demonstrate their potential to succeed in a rigorous, hybrid, creative/critical environment and an interest in exploring new directions in creative practice.
- Study at a diverse multicultural, multilingual, 21st century campus at the heart of the entertainment industry
- Award-winning teaching and active research, performance, and media arts faculty
- Proximity and access to performance, television, film and new media industries
- Entertainment industry internship opportunities and placements through the California State University statewide Media Internship Program
A Pathway to
- Acting in television, film and theatre productions
- Production includes Projection design, art direction, cinematography, motion capture/VR/AR design, editing, and sound for television, film and theatre
- Writing in television, film and theatre
Learn more about the Instructors
For additional information, contact:
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, California 90032-8111