GET System Upgrade
Cal State LA is participating in a Chancellor's Office initiative to upgrade the GET Campus Solutions student system to a new version. This is a required CSU system-wide initiative that will help maintain the software support. The updates will help Cal State LA and all of the CSU institutions better serve the needs of students, staff and faculty.
Beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2019, the GET Human Resources and Campus Solutions systems as well as GETmobile student system functions will not be available for use through 8 a.m., Monday, May 6, 2019. Please plan accordingly.
Below is a timeline showing the important phases of the GET System PeopleTools 8.56 Upgrade project
- CMS Upgrade - Pass 1: January 28, 2019 - February 4, 2019
- Campus Dev/Build: October 23, 2017 - January 2, 2018
- Functional User Testing: February 21, 2019 - April 26, 2019
- Functional User Signoff: No later than April 26, 2019
- Production Code Freeze: April 15, 2019 through May 10, 2019
- Move to Production: May 3, 2019 (The GET System downtime will begin at 5:00 pm on Friday, May 3, 2019 for upgrade deployment. HRM will also be down during the GET system upgrade. Both systems will be available by 8:00 am on Monday, May 6, 2019)
- Go/No-Go Meeting: Estimated to be May 4 in the evening
- Releasing Production jobs to catch up: May 5
- Go-Live: May 6
- This has been completed and we are now live on PeopleTools 8.56
For Cal State LA employees, you can find additional information by visitng the CSYou PeopleTools 8.56 Upgrade site. This will require your MyCalStateLA ID username and password to log into. The site contains frequent project updates and other project team guides to assist with the upgrade scheduled listed above.