Who We Are:
The Health Careers Advisement Office serves pre-health professional students interested in careers in medicine (allopathic, osteopathic and chiropractic), optometry, veterinary medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, podiatry and physician assistant.
● ADVISE: exposing Cal State LA students to a diversity of health careers, and effectively coaching them to maximize their competitiveness as candidates.
● CONNECT: cultivating a vibrant pre-health community of current students, faculty, staff, alumni and local practitioners.
● EDUCATE: Inspiring students to serve in a capacity that impacts their local communities
● Integrity We aim to give students our highest quality of service, and expect students to give their highest degree of effort.
● Collaboration We aim to work across departments, colleges, universities and health care communities to better serve and resource our students.
● Equity & Inclusion We aim to ameliorate health care disparities through intentionally preparing students who will diversify the healthcare workforce as well as address inequalities through their healthcare practice.
King Hall D Wing, Room 1044 (within the NSS Advisement Center)