The Health Careers Advisement (HCAO) aims to provide excellent resources and support so as to mobilize our diverse student body to successfully enter health professions schools and go on to serve in communities of need. View our mission, values, and vision.
- Health Career Exploration & Major selection
- One on One and Group Advising
- Workshops and Panel Presentations
- Mock Interviews & Personal Statement Review
- Networking Opportunities for Clinical Experiences and Shadowing
- Application Support
- Weekly Newsletter with On and Off Campus Opportunities
Pre Health Pathways
Before scheduling a one-on-one appointment with Maite Villareal Rodriguez (Pre-Health Advisor), you must attend the Introduction to Health Professions Workshop (sign up here). For additional questions after the workshop, you can call 323-343-5284 or stop by King Hall D-1044 to schedule an appointment. You are also encouraged to come to Drop-In Group Advising, every Wednesday from 3:00 - 4:00 pm in Salazar Hall 174.