The Health Careers Advisement (HCAO) aims to provide excellent resources and support so as to mobilize our diverse student body to successfully enter health professions schools and go on to serve in communities of need. View our mission, values, and vision.
- Health Career Exploration & Major selection
- One on One and Group Advising
- Workshops and Panel Presentations
- Mock Interviews & Personal Statement Review
- Networking Opportunities for Clinical Experiences and Shadowing
- Application Support
- Mentoring Program
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Weekly Newsletter with On and Off Campus Opportunities
Pre Health Pathways
Before scheduling a one-on-one appointment with Maite Villareal Rodriguez (Health Careers Advisor), you must watch the online workshop Introduction to Health Professions here and complete the survey at the end. Once completed, you can call 323-343-5284 or stop by King Hall D-1044 to schedule an appointment.
Maite's Advising Schedule for Spring 2019: