Mehran Mazari received his PhD degree with the focus on transportation infrastructure materials from the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) in 2014. Before joining the academia, Mehran was a post-doctoral research associate at the Center for Transportation Infrastructure Systems, a member of national and regional University Transportation Center consortia, at UTEP. He has been actively involved in a number of research projects focusing on transportation geotechnics and transportation infrastructure materials. He is the member of three technical committees at Transportation Research Board and the young member of Highway Pavement Committee of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
Mehran is the founding director of Sustainable and Intelligent Transportation Infrastrcuture (SITI) research group at California State University Los Angeles. For more information please visit: http://mehranmazari.wixsite.com/siti
- Highway and Airfield Pavement Design
- Transportation Engineering
- Highway Engineering and Design
- Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure
- Resilient Infrastructure
- Infrastructure Materials and Pavements
- Nondestructive Testing (NDT) and Evaluation (NDE) of Transportation Infrastructure
- Modulus-Based Characterization of Infrastructure Materials
- M. Mazari, D. Rodriguez. (2016) "A Novel Approach for Prediction of Pavement Roughness Using a Hybrid Gene Expression Programming-Neural Network Technique", Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, Elsevier, Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 448-455.
- M. Mazari, C. Tirado, I. Abdallah and S. Nazarian. (2016) "Mechanistic Estimation of Light Weight Deflectometer Target Field Modulus for Construction Quality Control", Geotechnical Testing Journal, American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 965-976.
- M. Mazari, Abdallah, I., Garibay, J. and Nazarian, S. (2016) "Correlating Nonlinear Parameters of Resilient Modulus Models for Unbound Geomaterials," Procedia Engineering, Elsevier, 143, pp.862-869.
- M. Mazari, D. Rouse, B. Davis, M. Mustafa and A. Yousuf (2016) "Visualization of Long-Term Pavement Performance (LTPP) Data," Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture Research., Vol. 3, No. 7, pp. 1541-1550.
- Anjan Kumar, S., M. Mazari, Garibay, J., AlDouri, R.E., Nazarian, S. and Si, J., (2016) "Compaction Quality Monitoring of Lime-Stabilized Clayey Subgrade Using Intelligent Compaction Technology," International Conference on Transportation and Development 2016 pp. 778-790.
- M. Mazari, Beltran, J., Aldouri, R., Chang, G., Si, J. and Nazarian, S., (2016) "Evaluation and Harmonization of Intelligent Compaction Systems," International Conference on Transportation and Development 2016, pp. 838-846.
- Olague, P.B., Nazarian, S., Kreinovich, V. Gholamy, A., and M. Mazari, (2016) "How to Estimate Resilient Modulus for Unbound Aggregate Materials: A Theoretical Explanation of an Empirical Formula," World Conference on Soft Computing, Berkeley, CA.
- M. Mazari, J. Garibay, I. Abdallah, S. Nazarian. (2015)Effects of Moisture Variation on Resilient and Seismic Moduli of Unbound Fine-Grained Materials", Airfield and Highway Pavements 2015: Innovative and Cost-Effective Pavements for a Sustainable Future, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- M. Mazari, Y. Niazi. (2015) "Modeling the Effect of Filler Materials on Performance of Hot Mix Asphalt Using Genetic Programming", Airfield and Highway Pavements 2015: Innovative and Cost-Effective Pavements for a Sustainable Future, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- M. Mazari, J. Velarde, A. L. Lopez, and S. Nazarian (2015) "Investigating modulus-moisture-density correlations for compacted subgrade soils," Proceedings of the XVI ECSMGE Geotechnical Engineering for Infrastructure and Development, pp. 325-330.