- About Us
- Get Involved
- Advisory Board
- Scholars on Campus
- Women & Gender Studies
- Related Organizations
- Contact Us
The Centers for the Study of Genders and Sexualities is located in the Integrated Humanities Center and housed in the College of Arts and Letters at the California State University, Los Angeles. The mission of the Center for the Study of Genders and Sexualities (CSGS) is to provide support for scholars, teachers, students, and
community partners who investigate gender and sexuality, in particular, work that bridges the diverse communities represented at Cal State L.A. and its surrounding area.
CSGS Goals Support Research:
Building Student Leadership and Academic Development
- Receive support for your research through the Student Research Stipend Competition
- Apply for a Quarterly Internship at CSGS
- Participate in Service-Learning opportunities
- Become a member of the Student Development Committee
- Learn about resources for the study of genders and sexualities
Fostering Faculty Research and Professional Development
- Apply for the Faculty Release Time Competition to write a grant
- Receive funding to hire Student Research Assistants
- Attend the Quarterly Faculty Research Colloquium or present your own work
- Join the Faculty Research Committee
- Network with faculty in the field and develop collegial ties
Developing Collaborative Relationships and Projects with Community Partners
- Meet past and present community partners including: The East Los Angeles Women's Center, AIDS Project Los Angeles, California Latinas for Reproductive Justice, and FTM Alliance
- Participate in collaborative grant writing with community agencies
- Join the Community Engagement Committee to help build relationships between the community and the academy
Center Programs for the Campus and the Community:
Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarterly Lecture, Performance Series:
The campus and community are invited to a series that features cutting edge speakers. Among our past presenters: Linda Martin Alcoff, Ruthie Gilmore, Cherrie Moraga, and Trinh T. Min-ha.
Annual Student Research Conference, "Gender, Sexuality, and Power":
Each May, students present their research at this student-centered conference.
Research Scholars Program:
CSGS offers the opportunity to participate in the community of scholars, instructors, and students at CSULA to scholars engaged in research related to genders or sexualities.
CSGS houses a syllabus file and faculty across the university are involved in dialogues to continue building the curriculum in women, genders, and sexualities.
Additional Campus Programs:
Students interested in the study of genders and sexualities may wish to consult the Minor in Women's and Gender Studies, the General Education Upper Division Program (Gender Theme C), and the Women's Resource Center of the Cross Cultural Centers.
This page contains a file that requires Adobe Acrobat to view. If you need an Adobe viewer, you can Download Adobe Reader for free.
CSULA King Hall D4050 | Telephone: 323.343.6549 | Fax: 323.343.6463 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org