Department of Latin American Studies
1. David Miller Latino Studies Scholarship; for full-time students, either undergraduate or graduate; GPA 3.0; Latin American Studies Major.
2. Donald W. & Marjorie Woodford Bray and Timothy Harding Scholarship in Latin American Studies; for full time/part time Graduate/Undergraduate students with a 3.0 or higher GPA. Latin American Studies major; or Political Science major with a Latin American Studies minor; or History major with a Latin American Studies minor.
3. Emeriti Association-Mary Gormly Memorial Fellowship; preference will be given to Master’s degree students with courses or research projects devoted to areas of interest or concern to native peoples of the Americas. Recipients must have a 3.5 or higher GPA. Subject fields may include, but are not limited to Anthropology, Art, Economics History, Mexican American Studies, Latin American Studies, Political Science or Sociology. Evidence of completion of at least one 500 level course and University/community service.
4. Morales Family Endowed Scholarship; for students who have been or are currently enrolled in Cal State LA arts, humanities or social sciences classes relating to Mesoamerican culture – including but not limited to the culture as studied through anthropology, archeology, art, Chicano studies, dance, Latin American studies, language, philosophy, poetry, music and theater. Students must have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
5. New World Scholarship; for students majoring in Chicano or Latin American Studies. Second choice to person majoring in Cultural Studies program. Candidates ideally would be those working on thesis.
6. Samuel Freeman Memorial Scholarship; for incoming full time freshmen with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Preference given to students with a major/minor in Chicano Studies/Latin American Studies Program.
Please note; The scholarship application process is an annual cycle. The link to Academic Works will only appear when the cycle is active. Click on the following link to get to the appropriate webapge http://www.calstatela.edu/financialaid/scholarships