The Disbursement Office prepares and issues checks for the following funds:
- Financial Aid Grants/Direct Loans
- Nursing Loans/Perkins Loans
- Alternative Loans/Parent Plus Loans
- ASI Grant-In-Aid/Athletic Grant-In-Aid
- Off Campus Work Study
- Tuition refunds
- 30 Day Loans
We assist students who have questions regarding their financial aid disbursement and tuition refund checks. Tuition refunds are processed during the 5th week of the quarter.
The financial aid and tuition refund checks are mailed to the current mailing address on the student GET website @ https://get.calstatela.edu/. You can update or confirm your mailing address via GET, select the Self Service panel and view the Campus Personal Information panel.
You can enroll in the Eagle Express Direct Deposit option on the Student GET website and have your financial aid funds or tuition refund electronically deposited to your U.S. banking institution.
ASI/Athletic Grant-In-Aid, Nursing Loan, and Off Campus Work Study checks must be picked up in person. You need to bring your Golden Eagle Card (campus ID card) to pick up a check. All Cal State L.A. students are required to have a Golden Eagle Card.
Phone: (323) 343-3630
Eagle Express Direct Deposit
Eagle Express Direct Deposit is available on the student GET website to all students anticipating financial aid funds, tuition refund, or a housing refund.
You can have your financial aid disbursement or tuition refund (after tuition fees, housing charges, 30 day loans, and other University charges have been paid) electronically deposited to a valid U.S. checking or savings account. Students are responsible for providing accurate direct deposit information (routing number/account number), update or cancel direct deposit. Students can verify the routing number and account number with their banking institution before enrolling in direct deposit.
To enroll follow the steps below.
- Log-in through Eagle i-View Sign-In via the GET website
- Select Self Service and then Student Center
- Under Finances section, click on “Enroll in Direct Deposit”
- Select the type of bank account you have – checking or savings?
- Enter your bank routing number – this is the 9 digit number that identifies your bank and is at the bottom left corner of your check (see illustration below).
- Enter your account number (see illustration below).
- Confirm by re-entering your account number.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions by checking the box.
- Click on “Submit”.
- The next screen will request that you confirm the account information you provided, if correct click “OK”.
- You will get another Direct Deposit confirmation page – this screen confirms your enrollment in Direct Deposit. Click “OK”.
- You are done! Your financial aid disbursement or refund will be automatically credited to the account you entered.
Financial Aid Disbursement Information
Financial aid disbursements are issued on the first day of each quarter and weekly thereafter through the 10th week of the quarter. For further information concerning anticipated disbursement dates, please refer to the Financial Aid Disbursement Schedule listed below.
The Financial Aid Office determines your financial aid eligibility and disburses financial aid funds to your student account. Your financial aid funds will pay outstanding tuition fees, housing charges, and 30 day loans. The remaining balance of your financial aid funds will be mailed to you or direct deposited to your U.S. banking institution. You can enroll in direct deposit via Eagle Express Direct Deposit.
Financial aid disbursements are either mailed to the current mailing address on the student GET website or direct deposit. Please ensure that the mailing address the University has for you is correct via the GET website @ https://get.calstatela.edu/.
You can enroll in the Eagle Express Direct Deposit option via the GET website.
Financial Aid Disbursement Schedules
Please note: The disbursement schedule is subject to change without notice.
Federal Perkins Loan and Nursing Student Loan
Federal Perkins Loan and Nursing Student Loan Recipients must attend an Orientation, sign a promissory note, and complete a reference sheet annually. The award period begins with Summer Quarter. Please contact Student Loan Services and Collection at (323) 343-3580 to make an appointment for an orientation and location. Orientation Schedule: Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.