Do you want quality and quantity? Do you want to have the opportunity to study in a wide range of disciplines, without having to sacrifice one-on-one time with a professor?
Well at Cal State L.A. that’s exactly what you get. With more than 60 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, students have the chance to learn about and explore everything from criminal justice to business marketing. And with a ratio of roughly 23 students to every one faculty member, they also have plenty of opportunities to cultivate close learning and mentor relationships with our faculty, who are among the top scholars in their fields.
As one student said: “What stands out the most is that the professors are personally willing to give so much to the students. They are there late at night, on the weekends, whenever you need them.”
Just the facts:
- Student enrollment: 21,000
- Undergraduate classes with fewer than 30 students: 65 percent
- Undergraduate classes with fewer than 50 students: 94 percent
- Student-faculty ratio: 23:1
- Programs: 4-year undergraduate, upper division, graduate school
- Largest enrolled undergraduate programs: criminal justice, psychology, business administration-accounting, child development, business administration-management
- Largest enrolled graduate programs: MA special education, MS counseling, MSW social work, MS electrical engineering, MS computer science
First-time freshmen graduation rate:
- Within four years: 8.5 percent
- Within five years: 24.1 percent
- Within six years: 33.1 percent
Need more info?
Get a complete list of degrees and majors online.
Learn about research opportunities through the Office of Research and Development.
Visit us! Schedule a tour of the campus and classrooms.