Instructional Student Assistant Tutor
The University Tutorial Center is seeking Tutors for Spring 2019. If you like to help others, can explain complex concepts in simple and creative ways, are dependable and looking for an on-campus, paid job built around your class schedule – please apply!
We are actively recruiting Tutors that can help with the following subjects:
- Calculus II and higher
- MATH 1090 – Quantitative Reasoning with Statistics
- Finance 3030 – Business Finance
- Physics I & II
- General Chemistry I & II and Organic Chemistry I & II
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II
- Engineering = Statics, Dynamics, Strengths
- CS 2148 – Discrete Structures
To view the Job Description and apply to be a Tutor, visit Handshake and create a student account.
- Use the Search Box to type in the following Job Number = 2241482
- Select the Job to view the Description, including salary information, hours, and expectations.
- Apply for the Position by uploading 3 documents to the Job Posting on Handshake:
- Once your Student Employment Application, Course List & Details form, and current resume are uploaded, your materials will be reviewed by the University Tutorial Center Lead Coordinator.
- Please be informed that submitting all the required documents does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview. You will receive an email response within 10 business days of applying for the position.
- Thank you for your interest in becoming a Tutor and we look forward to the chance to work together to academically support the students at Cal State LA.
Office Assistant/ Receptionist
Do you enjoy meeting and greeting other college students? Are you well-organized and have good communication skills? Do you possess basic computer- data entry and word processing skills? Click on the link to learn more!
Position currently closed.
For more information, come in or contact the UTC.
- Visit the Career Center for future postings as well.
- Student Employment applications must be turned in to the Career Center.
- All campus student assistant positions require the Student Employment Application from the Career Center.
Career Center Help: How to Apply for Campus Jobs