How to Register: Summer Session

How To Register

Cal State L.A. is a pay-ahead campus. You must pay tuition prior to completing your enrollment.

Continuing Cal State LA Students: Cal State LA continuing students will register through GET. Please check your email for your GET appointment date. Cal State LA requires payment in full when registering for courses. For more information, please visit Cal State LA's One-Stop Financial Services. Access GET here.

Non-Cal State LA Students: Registration begins Friday, April 15. Non-Cal State LA students may choose courses from the Summer Session class schedule. Instructor signature is not required prior to the start of the term. However, it is important that pre-requisites have been completed. Enrollment is based on course availability. The College of Professional and Global Education (PaGE) Enrollment Services staff are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the University-Student Union,1st floor, Room 105; or via email.

(Enrollment is now closed.))
(Please read and retain the document pictured to the right.)

1.  Complete an Intent to Enroll Form (closed). This form must be submitted prior to registration.
     ​- A Campus Identification Number (CIN) will be generated for each student.

2.  Once a CIN is generated/activated, the College of Professional and Global Education will contact students to confirm the course(s) you would like to enroll in.

3.  After students confirm their course(s), PaGE will send students a link to submit payment.
     - Paying with a debit/credit card will incur a non-refundable 2.65% service fee.
     - If paying with a check, please contact Cal State LA's One Stop Financial Services at (323) 343-3630 to make an appointment. IT IS IMPORTANT TO INCLUDE YOUR CIN ON THE CHECK.

4.  Once payment is received, student enrollments will be processed based on seat availability. Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Regardless of payment, seats are not guaranteed.


Department or Instructor Consent: Some sections may need department or instructor permission prior to enrolling in restricted courses.

Pre-Requisites: Please be prepared to show proof of any pre-requisites from an official or unofficial transcript. Additionally, some course sections may have co-requisites.

State-Supported Summer: During the summer, certain colleges such as the Charter College of Education and College of Business and Economics also offer state-supported courses. These courses are listed in Sections 1-79. These courses may be taken by non-Cal State LA students through Open University

Continuing Cal State LA students may also enroll in these courses and pay state-supported tuition.