Take advantage of our On-Campus Shuttle Service
Cal State LA Parking & Transportation offers a free circulating shuttle Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. starting August 20. The shuttle has five stops on campus: Housing in lot 7, Lot 8, Transit Center, HDFSC, and University-Student Union. You can also get real-time shuttle info via the Ride Systems app, on GETmobile, or at calstatelashuttle.com. Shuttle service for Fall 2019 begins August 20.
General On-Campus Shuttles at Cal State LA
First shuttle leaves Housing lot 7 at 7 a.m.
Shuttles stop at the following campus locations: Lot 8, Transit Center, University-Student Union, and Lot 5 near Housing.
Last shuttle departs Housing at 6 p.m. and will circle the campus ending its route at 6:30 p.m. at the Student Union.
Public Transportation Incentives
For students and employees thinking about using public transportation, Cal State LA and the Metro and Foothill transit agencies provide the following incentives:
- The University has a Metrolink station directly on campus and Metrolink offers a 25% discount to students. For more information, visit the Metrolink website.
- Cal State LA’s Transit Center and Busway Station that serve both the Metro and Foothill Transit systems, which have lines across the L.A. region. Both agencies offer discounts of more than 50 percent on monthly passes for college students. Visit the Metro and Foothill Transit websites for information.
- Cal State LA has also worked with Metro to offer its students a U-Pass. The Metro U-Pass is a reduced-fare transit pass, offering students unlimited rides for the semester on any Metro system in LA County that accepts TAP, including U-Pass is valid on all local Metro bus and rail, as well as Culver City Bus, GTrans, LA DASH, Torrance Transit, Long Beach Transit, Montebello Bus Lines, Norwalk Transit, Pasadena Transit and Big Blue Bus.
- Employees can receive monthly bus and train subsidies to help reduce the cost of transit passes. Employees that qualify can have the cost of their passes deducted before taxes from their paycheck. For more information visit our Transportation Services Page.
- Commuter Program Participant Employees can reserve vehicles at no cost to leave campus for lunch or to attend off-campus appointments. Contact Transportation Services at (323) 343-5277
- Other incentives are available to employees who carpool or do not bring a car on campus and are dropped off by a non-employee. For more information visit our Transportation Services Page.
- Bicycle riders can register their bicycle at no charge with Cal State LA Public Safety rent a bicycle locker ($10/semester for students; $20/semester for others).
- Emergency Ride Home provides Taxi vouchers to Commuter Program Participant Employees when an emergency arises and they cannot return home on public transportation.
For more information, call Cal State LA’s Transportation Service Center via email or call (323) 343-6118.
Explore Parking & Transportation Services
For more parking and transportation updates, like us on Facebook