Workability IV Program
The WorkAbility IV (WAIV) Program at Cal State LA is a career preparation program for students that are registered with OSD. We assist participants in developing job readiness and job searching skills, finding internships while in school, and finding work upon graduation.
- Personalized job search support
- Résumé and cover letter assistance
- Mock interviews
- Assistance with navigating disability-related topics in the job search and workplace
WAIV services are provided through a collaboration with the state agency California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR). Working together we provide the participant with the tools and resources needed to secure gainful employment.
In order to participate in the WAIV program eligible students must be:
- Registered with OSD
- Registered or interested in registering with the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR)
- A current full-time student or recent graduate (within 2 years) of Cal State LA
- Ready to actively pursue an internship or job
If you are interested applying for the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) and/or would like to inquire about WAIV services, please contact the WorkAbility Project Coordinator Bryan Ricke at [email protected] or OSD by emailing [email protected].