Request Alternative Testing
If alternative testing is among your accommodations, you will need to schedule a time to take your exams. You can schedule all exams for one class for the entire semester (from your syllabus), including your final, during one session.
- Exams: Schedule exams at least five business days prior to the date of the exam – Saturdays and Sundays do not count as business days. If you are not able to schedule on time, you will need to provide an explanation.
- Finals: The deadline to schedule a final is the end of week 13, every semester.
STEP 1: Log in to OSD Online Services
Log in with your Cal State LA username and password. You will find your classes listed on the OSD dashboard.
Alternative Testing Agreement
Underneath each class, you should find a message indicating wheher the professor has submitted the Alternative Testing Agreement.
If the agreement has not been submitted, the message would say, "Alternative Testing: Your instructor has not submitted the Alternative Testing Agreement for this class.”
- Notify OSD at [email protected]
- Let the professor know that the link to initiate the Alternative Testing Agreement is inside the faculty notification letter.
If the agreement has been submitted, the message would say " Alternative Testing: You have not scheduled any exams for this class."
- Continue with these steps to schedule your exam(s).
STEP 2: Select Alternative Testing Accommodation
Click on "My Accommodations" from the two main options on the left. Next, select "Alternative Testing."
STEP 3: Select a Class
You will have a drop bar stating "Select the class you need to schedule the exam for."
Select the class you need alternative testing for.
STEP 4: Schedule an Exam
Next, select "Schedule an Exam."
Scroll to the bottom of the scheduling screen to provide the following exam details:
- Request Type: Choose the type of exam(midterm, test, quiz, final). Date: Schedule the exam on the same day as the class. Include month, day, and four digit year (ex. 10/15/2020).
- Time: Select a testing time slot closest to the start time of your class. Our testing time slots are 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m., and 6 p.m.. Ex: If your class starts at 8:30 a.m., you would select 8 a.m.
Testing time slots are different for finals: 7 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 6 p.m. Select the time slot closest to the start time of your class final. Ex: If your final begins at 8 a.m., you would select 7 a.m..
If you need to test on a different date or time from the class, you will need the professor to email approval to the OSD office.
STEP 5: Select (Additional) Accommodations
In the "Services Requested" box, you will choose the (additional?) accommodations you need to use for your exam.
Additional Note: You can add any additional note that you would like for OSD to check for during the exam.
STEP 6: Add Exam Request
Once all the sections have completed correctly, add the exam request.
You can schedule all exams for one class for the entire semester (from your syllabus), including your final, during one session.
However if you choose to schedule for a different class, you will need to repeat steps XX which stepsXX?