The President’s Advisory Committee on Services for Students with Disabilities will aid the University in complying with CSU, state and federal recommendations and regulations relating to students. The Committee also will make recommendations designed to improve conditions for students with disabilities. The Committee shall serve as an advisory committee to the President and the Director of the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD)
The Committee will review existing University policies and practices as necessary to determine whether these policies and practices comply with CSU, state and federal recommendations, laws, regulations, and codes. The Committee will forward reports and/or recommendations to the President and the Director of the OSD for review and consideration. The Committee will review new policies and practices to determine their impact on students with disabilities. The policies and practices which fall within the scope of the Committee’s charge will include those affecting academic and non-academic programs, units and services, inclusive of physical plants construction, operations and renovation.
The membership of the Committee shall be:
- The Advisory Committee shall be comprised of thirteen members, six (6) shall be appointed by the President and shall include (2) faculty, (1) staff member, and (3) administrators. Faculty shall be nominated by the Academic Senate. The remaining seven (7) members shall be students nominated by California State University, Los Angeles’ Associated Students, Inc (ASI). At least two students shall represent the ASI board with the remaining representatives, to the extent possible, to be students with disabilities.
- The student representatives appointed to the Committee must meet all the qualifications required of students in accordance with coded memorandum AAES 93-08, Minimum Academic Qualifications for Students Office Holders.
- Student representatives and candidates for membership shall not be on either academic nor on disciplinary probation, or they will be ineligible and/or automatically disqualified from serving.
- The Chair of the Committee shall be the Director of Students with Disabilities Office.
- Student members shall serve one-year terms commencing within 30 days of the start of the Fall Quarter and shall be eligible to serve not more than two (2) consecutive one-year terms. Faculty and staff members shall serve two year-terms and shall not be eligible to serve more than two (2) consecutive two year-terms.
- The Vice President for Student Affairs and Director of Human Resource Management will serve as ex-officio members, without vote, on the Committee.
Gonzalo Centeno, Chair
Director, Office for Students with Disabilities
Isis Stansberry, Co-Chair
Associate Director, Office for Students with Disabilities
Jennifer Miller, Ex-Officio
Associate Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students, Division of Student Life
Martin Brodwin, Ex-Officio
Special Education and Counseling
Director, Facilities Service and Administrative Office
Emergency Manager, Risk Management
Executive Director, University Academic Advisement
Associate Vice President, Facilities
Associate Director, Housing and Residence Life
Investigator/ADA Compliance Specialist, Human Resource Management
Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs
Director, IT Client Support Services, ITS; (323) 343-2573
ASI Student Representative Board of Directors Member