Become a member
In order to become a recognized member of the SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society: California State University, Los Angeles Chapter, the student veteran must meet the following GPA requirements:
Undergraduate students need to have completed 12 semester hours and have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Graduate students need to have completed 9 credit hours, have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA and will be classified as “SALUTE Gold Members”.
GPA Requirements and Tiers are as follows:
- Alpha Tier GPA: 3.75 - 4.00
- Bravo Tier GPA: 3.50 - 3.74
- Charlie Tier GPA: 3.25 - 3.49
- Delta Tier GPA: 3.00 - 3.24
Submit for Review
Submit the following items to a SALUTE OFFICER only: (Do not submit these items to VRC Staff!)
- A DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) with an Honorable Discharge or a copy of current active military orders.
- Unofficial Transcripts will be used to verify GPA.
Lifetime Membership Fee
WE NO LONGER ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS! Submit the following items to a SALUTE OFFICER only: (Do not submit this to VRC Staff!)
- This application fee covers charges for the cord, certificate, challenge coin and Induction Ceremony.
- A cash, money order or cashier's check for $30.
FORM LINK -> APPLY HERE!
If you have any further questions or concerns please contact the Cal State L.A. Chapter at [email protected].