Official Membership Information
Qualifications for Psi Chi membership at Cal State LA are identical to those of the national headquarters: completion of 5 quarters units of college courses; completion of 9 semester units /14 quarter units of psychology, registration for major or minor standing in psychology; overall GPA of 3.0 for undergraduates; average GPA of "B" or better for graduate students; high standards of personal behavior; two-thirds affirmative vote of those present at regular chapter meetings.
Complete your application online by visiting psichi.org
The Application to Membership Process:
- Go to "psichi.org" and hover over the "Member" banner tab, click "Become a Member", then scroll down to "Apply Now", then scroll down again to click "Apply Now" or simply go to this link. Fill out the form.
- Your completed application will be sent to our CSULA Faculty Advisors for review.
- Application approval email notifications could take up to 4 weeks. DISCLAIMER: If you were not approved, this may be due to the minimum requirements restrainst (found on the "Become a Member" page). Once you have met the minimum requirements you may resubmit another application.
- Once approved, an $80 membership fee must be paid to the Psi Chi CSULA chapter. Membership fees must be paid with cash or check; checks must be made out to "PSI CHI CSULA". Fees can be paid at the beginning or end of General Meetings and at the Psi Chi office (KH D-3072A) during officer hours.
- Membership fees will be sent to Psi Chi international headquarters and new Psi Chi members will receive an email with their official Psi Chi membership information and log in. This process could take up to 4 to 8 weeks.
Join Our Psi Chi Club
Haven't paid your dues? Don't meet the minimum qualifications yet?
Don't let that stop you!!!
Come to all meetings and social activities