How To Register
How to Register: Summer Session 2022
Enrollment through Open University is on a space-available basis with the consent of the instructor and the academic department. The registration fee is $320 per unit.
Self-Supported Summer Session 2022 (Self-supporting programs such as Summer Session allow the University to serve additional students above and beyond the resources provided by the State of California while fulfilling demonstrated higher education and workforce needs.) Registration begins Friday, April 15. Non-Cal State LA students may choose courses from the Summer Session Schedule of Classes. Instructor signature is not required prior to the start of the term. However, it is important that pre-requisites have been completed. Enrollment is based on class availability. These courses are listed in Sections 80-89.
State-Supported Summer Session 2022: During the summer, certain colleges such as the Charter College of Education, and College of Business and Economics also offer California State-supported courses. These courses are listed in Sections 1-79. View the Summer Session Schedule of Classes. These courses may be taken by non-Cal State LA students following the instructions below.
(Fall registration begins in August. Registration information will be posted soon. View the Fall 2022 schedule of classes here.)
- Complete an Intent to Enroll Form (available on May 31).
- A Campus Identification Number (CIN) will be generated for each student.
- Students will need to reach out to the instructor to request a permit be issued in GET (Golden Eagle Territory), the Cal State LA Student Portal, for their course(s). The College of Professional and Global Education (PaGE) will provide contact information for instructors.
Registration Procedures: Summer Session 2022 Registration (May 31 to June 8)
Once the permit is in place (see above steps), students will inform PaGE Enrollment Services of the course(s) permitted. Students do not self-enroll.
- PaGE Enrollment Services will forward students a link to submit payment.
- Paying with a debit/credit card will incur a Non-Refundable 2.65% service fee.
- If paying with a check, please make checks payable to Cal State LA. Submit payment through Cal State LA's One-Stop Financial Services. It is important to include your CIN on your check.
- Once payment is received, PaGE will proceed with enrollment in GET and notify students.
How to Apply Credit to a Degree
Bachelor's Degree Programs: Up to 24 credits earned through Open University can go toward a bachelor's degree.
Master's Degree Programs: Up to nine (9) credits earned through Open University may be applied toward a master's degree and/or credential program with department pre-approval.
- Students may take up to 18 credits per semester. They may not enroll in directed or independent study, research, thesis, fieldwork, cooperative education courses, or courses with the suffix "R."
- Students planning to enroll in graduate courses (5000-level) must obtain a memo from the appropriate department chair authorizing the enrollment and submit it to PaGE Enrollment Services.
- Students who have been formally admitted to the University must be on inactive status for at least one semester before they may attend Open University. This requirement applies to disqualified, out-of-state, international, and resident students.
- Open University students must also comply with University and department regulations regarding prerequisites, withdrawals, grading, and student conduct.