How To Register

Enrollment through Open University is on a space-available basis with the consent of the instructor and the academic department.


Due to COVID-19, the registration process through Open University has been modified. Please follow the instructions below.

Open University Enrollment Procedure:

  1. Complete the Open University form with the course and biodemographic information.
  2. Email your completed form to [email protected].

  3. The College of Professional and Global Education (PaGE) will respond with the instructor's email contact information for your courses.

  4. You will then proceed to request to add to your respective courses by corresponding with the instructor via email.

  5. If the instructor is willing to add, he or she will email you their approval.

  6. You will forward the instructor’s approval to PaGE.

  7. PaGE will then contact the department coordinator to confirm final approval to enroll in the course. 

  8. Once the instructor and department coordinator approve, PaGE will forward you a link to submit payment.

    • Paying with a debit or credit card will incur a Non-Refundable 2.75%service fee.

    • If paying with a check, proceed to the Cashier’s Office located on the first floor of the Administration Building, Room 128. The Cashiers Office currently has a Dropbox available Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. IT IS IMPORTANT TO INCLUDE YOUR CIN ON THE CHECK.

  9. Once payment is received, PaGE will proceed with enrollment in GET.


Registration Fee
$320 per unit

Applying Credit Toward a Degree:

Bachelor's Degree Programs Master's Degree Programs
Up to 24 credits earned through Open University may be applied toward a bachelor's degree program. Up to 9 credits earned through Open University may be applied toward a master's degree and/or credential program with department pre-approval. 
  • Students may take up to 18 credits per semester. But they may not enroll in directed or independent study, research, thesis, fieldwork, cooperative education courses, or courses with the suffix "R."

  • Students planning to enroll in graduate courses (5000-level) must obtain a memo from the appropriate department chair authorizing the enrollment and submit it to the PaGE Enrollment Services Office, University Student Union, Room 105.

  • Students who have been formally admitted to the University must be on inactive status for at least one semester before they may attend Open University. This requirement applies to disqualified, out-of-state, international, and resident students.

  • Open University students must also comply with university and department regulations regarding prerequisites, withdrawals, grading and student conduct.