The NSS Research Committee invites all eligible NSS faculty members to apply for the following research funding opportunities. The funds are designed for faculty and students who currently do not have other funding resources (category one is exempt from this rule).
The NSS Research and Scholarship program provides funding to support faculty and student research and scholarly activities as well as interdisciplinary collaborative effort. There are four funding categories:'
- Interdisciplinary Research Exploratory/Development Fund (IRF)
- Research/Scholarship Completion Fund for Assistant and Associate Professors (RSCF)
- Research & Scholarship Development Fund for Full Professors (RSDF)
- Supervised Undergraduate Student Research Fund (SURF)
Each academic year there are two application-and-review cycles (Fall and Spring). Interested faculty can find details and deadlines in the recent publication of the NSS Research and Scholarship Call for Proposals.
- Applications for Summer and Fall 2019 proposals are due at 5 pm, April 9, 2019.
- Applications for Spring 2020 are due by 5 pm, August 23, 2019.