Fulbright U.S. Student Program
What is Fulbright?
- The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers research, study, and English-teaching opportunities in over 140 countries to recent graduates and graduate students.
Experience a new countries and culture; learn from people and place you live in.
Find more information about specific awards offered by each country: www.us.fulbrightonline.org/countries/regions
Contact the Cal State LA Fulbright Program Advisor:
Scholarships & Fellowships Coordinator
- U.S. citizen by the application deadline
- No minimum GPA requirement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent by August 2020 (for the 2020-2021 Academic Year)
- Country-specific requirements (varies)
- No doctorate at the time of application
Cal State LA Application Timeline
For the 2020-2021 Academic Year Application*:
JULY 11 - Campus-Required Checkpoint-
-Submit drafts of your application essays to NISFEP
-Confirm a need for a Foreign Language Evaluation (FLE)
AUG 31 - Campus Deadline -SUBMIT 1st Draft of Application
SEPT - Campus interviews/Recommenders/FLEs
OCT 08, 2019
Fulbright National Deadline- Submit Complete Application- 5:00 pm EST
*Contact Jessica/NISFEP to find out the full details about the application process.
Appointments and walk-in are also an option for reviewing the Fulbright application.
See the NISFEP Workshop Schedule for Spring 2019
Information and Resources
- Fulbright US Student Program
- Fulbright Online Application: To create an account and start your online application
- Fulbright Student Blog
- Information Session PowerPoint (with Jessica Rodriguez, April 2019)
- All About that Fulbright Application PowerPoint (with Jessica Rodriguez, May 2019)
Cal State LA Fulbright Scholar: Deshna Majmudar, 2016-17 ETA to Spain
- Fulbright Tutorials
- Upcoming webinars
- NISFeP Office
- Examples of Application Essays from Penn State
- Statistics of Each Country
- 5 Reasons to Apply for Fulbright