California State University Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Program (CSU-LSAMP) APPLICATION
CAMPUS: Los Angeles YEAR: 2021-2022
Initiated in 1993-1994, CSU-LSAMP is an alliance of the 23 campuses of the California State University (CSU) system which supports a coordinated and comprehensive system-wide approach to broadening participation in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Each of the CSU campuses has a CSU-LSAMP program that offers an array of activities and services designed to improve retention and graduation of undergraduate students in STEM. In addition, CSU-LSAMP seeks to increase the number of CSU-LSAMP students who enter STEM graduate programs.
- To be eligible to participate in CSU-LSAMP, students must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be enrolled at a participating campus in an undergraduate major in a STEM discipline or have expressed an interest in pursuing a STEM baccalaureate degree.
- Be an individual who has faced or faces social, educational, or economic barriers to careers in STEM.
- Each CSU-LSAMP campus program may have additional eligibility requirements. Please see the Campus Coordinator.
Instructions for CSU-LSAMP @ Cal State LA Applicants (Please read to avoid return of your application)
1. To find your MAJOR GPA in GET (which is needed on page 3), in the pull down menu of Student Service Center, select Academic Requirements. It appears at the bottom of your Academic Requirements screen under the header “Major Units/GPA Requirements.” Click on this heading to expand and show your MAJOR GPA.
2. Section V, please follow the instructions in section V carefully and attach the two required documents to your application regardless of whether or not you receive financial aid.
3. Section VI, please follow the instructions in Section VI carefully and attach the correct Academic Plan.
4. Submit all required components electronically.
5. You may call LSAMP at (323) 343-2095 or email [email protected]