Information Technology Services is pleased to announce that actively enrolled students can obtain a Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System (OS) software for home-use at no cost.
Who is eligible for the free Windows 10 OS?
Students who are actively enrolled in classes can take advantage of the offer.
Can I install the Windows 10 operating system software on multiple computers?
No. Students are limited to one installation of Windows 10 OS on a PC or tablet.
How long can I use the software?
The license is perpetual and permanent.
Are there any prerequisites to downloading the software?
- It can be installed as a clean install or an upgrade from either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1. If you need to upgrade your operating system from Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1, visit: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
- An Internet connection is required to download the software and to obtain the licenses.
Are there any system requirements I need to consider?
The detailed requirements for your specific system are available at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
How do I download the Microsoft software?
You can access the Microsoft software download site through the MyCalStateLA Portal:
- Using the computer you plan to upgrade, log on to the MyCalStateLA Portal (https://my.calstatela.edu)
- Click on the Microsoft icon located in the upper left corner.
- You will be redirected to WebStore, hosted by Kivuto Solutions Inc.
- Select the Microsoft OS you want to download and follow the instructions on the screen. You will be required to agree and accept the Microsoft Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) to proceed with the download.
How do I get Microsoft software support?
Kivuto Support, 1-888-396-1447, provides live technical support from 3 a.m. to 3 p.m. PST. 24-hour e-mail support is available at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is training available for the Microsoft applications?
Training is available through multiple venues, designed to meet our students’ variable learning styles and availability.
- Supported through the student success fee, lynda.com provides online training videos 24/7 at http://web.calstatela.edu/its/training/lynda.php. These videos cover many Microsoft applications including Windows 10 OS, various learning levels, and can be paused and replayed as needed.