Welcome to Housing and Residence Life!
Given the evolving situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, Cal State LA will conduct virtual instruction through the spring 2021 semester. Housing and Residence Life will maintain a reduced number of residents on campus during the spring term. This decision is in accordance with the protocols and guidance of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
For new and continuing Cal State LA students inquiring about on-campus housing for the spring 2021 semester, we ask that you thoroughly review the information below. Once you have reviewed the following details and if you need on-campus housing for the spring 2021 semester, please complete the Spring Housing Interest survey at the bottom of the page.
Prior to completing the survey, we ask that you review the Cal State LA Housing and Residence Life 2020-2021 License Agreement and the 2020-2021 room and board rates. The License agreement and addendum describe, in detail, the terms, conditions, and expectations required of all students living on campus.
The major points to consider for housing spring 2021:
- Per guidelines by the L.A. County Department of Public Health, residents will be required to practice physical distancing and wear face coverings on campus and in the residential community, except when alone in their apartment.
- One person per apartment, subject to change based on health watch.
- Minimum requirement of a 14-meal dining plan to reduce the need to leave campus for food options and reduce community exposure.
- No guests allowed. To protect the health and safety of the community, day, evening, or overnight guests are prohibited in your apartment or on the housing community grounds.
- Required COVID-19 testing prior to arrival to campus.
- Required periodic or scheduled COVID-19 testing and health checks throughout the academic semester, including potential 14-day quarantine upon move-in or due to exposure or positive test result.
- Virtual programming and community building opportunities.
- Shared responsibility for maintaining cleanliness and safety of residential apartments and shared spaces.
- Once we receive your spring housing interest survey, your request will be reviewed by a committee. We will contact you to set up a Zoom meeting to discuss your housing needs and on-campus availability. If approved for spring 2021 on-campus housing, required documents such as the housing license agreements and addendum will be sent to you for signature via Docusign. Please contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life with any questions regarding spring 2021 housing.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (323) 343-4800