How to Apply (Current Students)
The Office of Housing and Residence Life invites current residents to reserve their housing assignments for the Academic Year 2022-23 (Fall 2022, Winter 2023, Spring 2023).
Current residents get priority. However, housing placement is not guaranteed and we encourage students to complete these steps by the deadline indicated.
Please note that county and state COVID-19 protocols are still in place. Learn more at Housing COVID-19 Safety.
- March 2, 2022: Housing Application opens for current residents
- March 17, 2022: Roommate Search and Select Wizard Opens
- March 23, 2022: Housing begins assignment process
- July 18, 2022: Last day to cancel without penalty
- July 22, 2022: TB Clearance Deadline
- July 22, 2022: Vaccination with Booster Upload Deadline
- July 29, 2022 (deadline extended): Housing Application Deadline for fall 2022 (students who submit their applications after the deadline may be placed on a waitlist)
- August 8, 2022: Housing Payment due in full
Still accepting applications
STEP 1: Complete Online Housing Application and License Agreement
Complete and submit the Academic Year Housing License Agreement for 2022-23
Create your student profile on the Housing Portal. The student profile is a list of questions that will help us identify roommate and/or housemate matches.
STEP 2: Pay the $340 Initial Payment (No deferments or waivers)
While completing the online Housing Application, you will be redirected to CashNet. Submit the $340 initial payment and click the “Return to the Housing Application” to finish the application.
If you are unable to pay the fee on CashNet, you have the following options:
- Mail (Check or Money Order): Include on the check or money order your name, campus ID number (CIN#), and “2022-2023 Academic Year Housing Initial Payment.” Mail it to: Cal State LA, One Stop Financial Services, Student Services Building #2380, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032.
- Foreign Currency: Please go to Flywire to make your payment using a foreign debit or credit card, international wire transfer, or other local payment options from your home country. First-time users will be asked to create a Flywire user account.
STEP 3: Consent Form: Students Under 18 Years of Age
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign a Consent Form and mail, email for fax it to Housing and Residence Life.
STEP 4: Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance
University policy requires that all residents provide proof that they are free of tuberculosis or not at high risk for tuberculosis each year. Please complete a Tuberculosis (TB) Screening questionnaire on the Student Health Center Patient Portal by July 22, 2022, and annually thereafter. To access the Patient Portal, log into MyCalStateLA and click the "Student Health Center Patient Portal" icon, Clearances/Forms and then TB Screening.
- Note: Most students who do the TB Screening Questionnaire (now online) do not have to take a TB skin test, negative chest x-ray, or negative QuantiFERON test. Only those students at higher risk of TB infection which includes travel to or living in South and Central America, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East; prior positive TB test; or exposure to someone with active TB disease.