How to Apply (Current Students)
The Office of Housing and Residence Life invites you to reserve your housing assignment for the 2021-2022 academic year.
We are preparing to increase capacity and provide shared living spaces while following COVID-19 safety guidelines set by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
Residential students are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement will become effective at the beginning of the fall 2021 term, or upon full FDA approval of the vaccine, whichever occurs later. Exemptions are allowed for health and religious reasons. Please plan to get vaccinated by move-in day. When you receive your vaccination, please be sure to maintain your verification of vaccination.
How to Apply
Housing placement is on a first-come, first-served basis and is not guaranteed. We encourage students to complete these steps by the appropriate deadlines.
- UPDATED - June 11: 2021-2022 Application Deadline
- UPDATED - June 15: Roommate Search and Select Wizard Opens
- July 23: TB Clearance Deadline
Students who submit their application after the Housing Application Deadline may opt to be placed on a waitlist. More details are available in the FAQ.
STEP 1: Complete Online Housing Application and License Agreement
Submit the 2021–2022 Housing License Agreement.
Create your student profile on the Housing Portal. The student profile is a list of questions that will help us identify roommate and/or housemate matches.
STEP 2: Pay the $340 Initial fee (No deferments or waivers)
While completing the online Housing Application, you will be redirected to CashNet. Submit the $340 initial fee and click the “Return to the Housing Application” to finish the application.
If you are unable to pay the fee on CashNet, you have the following options:
- Mail (Check or Money Order): Include on the check or money order your name, campus ID number (CIN#) and “Fall 2021 Housing Initial Payment.” Mail it to: Cal State LA Cashier’s Office, 5151 State University Drive, Administration 128, Los Angeles, CA 90032.
- Foreign Currency: Please go to Flywire to make your payment using a foreign debit or credit card, international wire transfer, or other local payment options from your home country. First-time users will be asked to create a Flywire user account.
STEP 3: Consent Form: Students Under 18 Years of Age
If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign a Consent Form and mail, email for fax it to Housing and Residence Life.
STEP 4: Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance
University policy requires that all residents provide proof every year that they are free of tuberculosis or not at high risk for tuberculosis and require a TB test. A TB clearance is required prior to moving in and does not have to be completed at the time you apply. To meet this requirement, follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Form.
- Be sure to include your name, CIN, date of birth, and semester for which the you will first be enrolled.
- Send to the Student Health Center via mail or fax:
- Mailing Address: Cal State LA Student Health Center, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032-8411, Attention: Health Records
- Health Records Fax: 323.343.6557.
The Health Center will notify the Office of Housing and Residence Life if TB Clearance has been approved or if additional steps must be taken by you, such as taking the TB exam.
Starting in late May, students who submit a housing application will have access to Roommate Wizard where they can indicate roommate, housemate and building preferences.
Join one of our info sessions to learn more about the application process.
We are hosting virtual information sessions that will cover:
- Housing application
- Eligibility standards
- Process timeline
- Roommate selection
- Choosing a meal plan
- Payment schedule options
We encourage all students to attend an information session to learn about how the process works and use it as an opportunity to ask your specific housing questions. An online tutorial on How to Apply (for current Cal State LA students) is available for reference.