How to Apply (Current Students)
The Office of Housing and Residence Life invites current residents to reserve their housing assignments for the Academic Year 2022-23 (Fall 2022, Winter 2023).
Current residents get priority. However, housing placement is not guaranteed and we encourage students to complete these steps by the deadline indicated.
Please note that county and state COVID-19 protocols are still in place. Learn more at Housing COVID-19 Safety.
- March 2, 2022: Housing Application opens for current residents
- March 17, 2022: Roommate Search and Select Wizard Opens
- March 23, 2022: Housing begins assignment process
- May 30, 2022: Housing Application Deadline for fall 2022 (students who submit their applications after the deadline may be placed on a waitlist)
- July 18, 2022: Last day to cancel without penalty
- July 22, 2022: TB Clearance Deadline
- August 8, 2022: Housing Payment due in full
STEP 1: Complete Online Housing Application and License Agreement
Complete and submit the Academic Year Housing License Agreement for 2022-23
Create your student profile on the Housing Portal. The student profile is a list of questions that will help us identify roommate and/or housemate matches.
STEP 2: Pay the $340 Initial fee (No deferments or waivers)
While completing the online Housing Application, you will be redirected to CashNet. Submit the $340 initial fee and click the “Return to the Housing Application” to finish the application.
If you are unable to pay the fee on CashNet, you have the following options:
- Mail (Check or Money Order): Include on the check or money order your name, campus ID number (CIN#), and “Spring 2022 Housing Initial Payment.” Mail it to: Cal State LA, One Stop Financial Services, Student Services Building #2380, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032.
- Foreign Currency: Please go to Flywire to make your payment using a foreign debit or credit card, international wire transfer, or other local payment options from your home country. First-time users will be asked to create a Flywire user account.
STEP 3: Consent Form: Students Under 18 Years of Age
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign a Consent Form and mail, email for fax it to Housing and Residence Life.
STEP 4: Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance
University policy requires that all residents provide proof every year that they are free of tuberculosis or not at high risk for tuberculosis and require a TB test. A TB clearance is required prior to moving in. To meet this requirement, follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Form.
- Be sure to include your name, CIN, date of birth, and semester for which the you will first be enrolled.
- Send to the Student Health Center before July 22, 2022, via mail or fax:
- Mailing Address: Cal State LA Student Health Center, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032-8411, Attention: Health Records
- Health Records Fax: 323.343.6557.
The Health Center will notify the Office of Housing and Residence Life if TB Clearance has been approved or if additional steps must be taken by you, such as taking the TB exam.