Most health professions schools require entrance exams. Make sure to give yourself ample time to study!
- Register well ahead of time to make sure you get the date and location you want.
- Take all the coursework that the test covers before taking the test.
- Allow yourself at least three months of study before taking the test.
- Take practice tests! Students tend to perform a little more poorly on text day than on practice tests. Take the test when you are scoring above your target score.
Medical School: MCAT (Medical College Admission Test)
- Comprised of four sections: Biological & Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems, Chemical & Physical Foundations of Biological Systems, Critical Analysis & Reasoning Skills, and Psychological, Social & Biological Foundations of Behavior.
- The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam
- MCAT practice tests
- How Do I Prepare for the MCAT Exam
- Percentile Ranks for the MCAT Exam
Dental School: DAT (Dental Admission Test)
- Comprised of four sections: Survey of the Natural Sciences, Perceptual Ability, Reading Comprehension, and Quantitative Reasoning. In order to take the DAT
- The DAT Guide
Pharmacy School: PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test)
- Comprised of Writing, Verbal Ability, Biology, Chemistry, Reading Comprehension, and Quantitative Ability.
- The PCAT: About The Test [pdf]
Veterinary School & Physician Assistant programs
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Comprised of Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing
CAS Fee Assistance Programs
Test Prep Courses
- AAMC Test Prep Products
- Kaplan Test Prep
- Princeton Review
- Gold Standard MCAT
- Gold Standard DAT
- Gold Standard OAT
- Adapt Prep
- Next Step Test Prep
Free/Reduced Price Test Prep Resources