Scholarship Application for First-Time First-Year Students
Application Deadline: March 4, 2022 at 3pm, PST
Thank you for your interest in Cal State LA. Please complete the brief scholarship application below. Please note: Currently enrolled, continuing students must use the General Scholarship Application; refer to the information on this page for more information.
Who should complete this application?
- Students currently enrolled as high school seniors
- Students who plan to attend Cal State LA for the first-time in the Fall 2022 semester
- Students who plan to enroll full-time or part-time during the Fall 2022 semester
- Students who will enroll in a Bachelor’s degree program for the first time
- Do not email or mail a personal statement, letter(s) of recommendations, or SAT scores. These documents are not part of the First-Time Freshmen Scholarship Application process.
- Completing the scholarship application does not guarantee that you will win a scholarship. Students will be matched to each available scholarship based on the criteria of each fund: such as major, high school attended, GPA, financial need, community involvement activities, etc.
What happens after I apply?
- If you complete the application by the deadline, you will automatically be considered for all scholarship opportunities for which you meet the minimum criteria.
- If you win a scholarship you will be able to view the award on the financial aid summary via your GET account.
- If you have the honor of being a recipient, you may be asked to write a thank you letter to the donors or University friends that made it possible!
- Denial emails will be sent to students who did not receive a scholarship by the start of the Fall 2022 semester.
Please fill out the form below completely. * = required field