Financial Aid and the Transfer Student

Financial aid awards cannot be transferred from one school to another. You must reapply for aid at your new school.

Add Cal State LA to your FAFSA online via Our federal school code is 001140. “For Dreamers”, submit your California Dream Application at: Wait 10 to 15 working days for Cal State L.A. to receive your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information. Cal State LA. will notify you by mail of your award eligibility or if you need to submit additional documents. You may also check the GET website.

If you are transferring from Cal State L.A.: contact the new school to obtain their transfer procedures.

You may receive the Pell Grant from only one school at a time. If you transfer in the middle of an academic year, you may be eligible for the remaining balance of your Pell eligibility. For Cal Grant Programs, contact the California Student Aid Commission at (888) 224-7268.  Inform Cal Grant of a change of school with a G-10 form. You must reapply for all other financial aid, including student loans, at your new school.